MH370: Chief Steward’s Daughter Continues to Believe Father is Alive; ‘It Has Been Too Long, Come Home Dad,’ She Tweets
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | May 8, 2014 11:23 PM EST
"It has been too long. Come home, dad. By the time you come home, Everything settle already. It's torturing to know you're status. Sign."
MH370: Chief Steward's daughter continues to believe that father is alive. 'Its has been too long, come home dad,' she tweets. (Photo: Twitter Screen Shot)
These are the words of Maira Elizabeth Nari, the daughter of the Chief Steward of MH370, Andrew Nari. Even after two months of the plane's mysterious disappearance, Maira continues to hope that her father will return to do a lot of things undone back home, such as to see her off on her first day of college, and watch football together with family, among others.
Maira's emotionally gripping messages to her father has touched thousands of hearts with as many as 104K people following her on Twitter, many of whom have showered her with support and words of encouragements.
Andrew was one of the 239 people on-board the Beijing-bound flight MH370 which went missing just one hour into its journey in the wee hours of 8 March. Ever since the plane disappeared, his daughter has tweeted constantly about her father.
The 17-year-old has now become a social media personality, with all her tweets drawing international attention including that of Liverpool Football club and its fans - and least to mention many local and international news organizations.
On Wednesday, Maira tweeted, "Dad, I wish you are here right now. Today is the first day of my college life. But that's okay. I know that you're gonna be pound of me".
Then on Thursday, exactly two months after the disappearance of the ill-fated MH370 plane, she said: "8th May 2014; 2 months already. I wonder as time passes, if you're alive, are you okay, where are you? God knows. We miss you".
Maira's tweets have been giving all family members of passengers aboard the missing Boeing 777, hope and comfort.
Take a look at some of the most heart-touching messages from Maira below:
8th May 2014; 2 months already. I wonder as time passes, and if you're alive, are you okay, where are you? God knows. We miss you.
— Maira E. (@Gorgxous_) May 8, 2014
Dad, I wish you are here right now. Today is the first day of my college life. But that's okay. I know that you're gonna be proud of me. ;') — Maira E. (@Gorgxous_) May 6, 2014
What is more precious than spending time with your family? Even if it's just for a day, make today's day worth living for. Have a nice day!
— Maira E. (@Gorgxous_) May 1, 2014
& I suddenly think of you. I miss you, dad. — Maira E. (@Gorgxous_) April 29, 2014
How I wish it was my father's flight that has gone missing for almost two months now and safely arrived like flight MH192.
— Maira E. (@Gorgxous_) April 20, 2014
Flight MH192 safely landed. — Maira E. (@Gorgxous_) April 20, 2014
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- 15 Orgasms/Week, $27K/Yr Salary Not Bad for Professional Toy Tester Cara Houiellebecq (VIDEO)
- Thai’s Crackdown on Commercial Surrogacy Exposes Aussie Couple’s Appalling Deed
- 2014 Perseid Meteor Shower vs. Supermoon: Best to View Meteor Shower Display before August 12 to 13 Peak
- Australian Wanted Man Threatens Terror in Australia, Demands Release of Muslim Prisoners
- Viral Video Cyring Sadie: 5-Year-Old Little Girl Does Not Want Her Baby Brother to Grow Up [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff