MH370: Chief Steward’s Daughter Continues to Believe Father is Alive; ‘It Has Been Too Long, Come Home Dad,’ She Tweets
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | May 8, 2014 11:23 PM EST
"It has been too long. Come home, dad. By the time you come home, Everything settle already. It's torturing to know you're status. Sign."
MH370: Chief Steward's daughter continues to believe that father is alive. 'Its has been too long, come home dad,' she tweets. (Photo: Twitter Screen Shot)
These are the words of Maira Elizabeth Nari, the daughter of the Chief Steward of MH370, Andrew Nari. Even after two months of the plane's mysterious disappearance, Maira continues to hope that her father will return to do a lot of things undone back home, such as to see her off on her first day of college, and watch football together with family, among others.
Maira's emotionally gripping messages to her father has touched thousands of hearts with as many as 104K people following her on Twitter, many of whom have showered her with support and words of encouragements.
Andrew was one of the 239 people on-board the Beijing-bound flight MH370 which went missing just one hour into its journey in the wee hours of 8 March. Ever since the plane disappeared, his daughter has tweeted constantly about her father.
The 17-year-old has now become a social media personality, with all her tweets drawing international attention including that of Liverpool Football club and its fans - and least to mention many local and international news organizations.
On Wednesday, Maira tweeted, "Dad, I wish you are here right now. Today is the first day of my college life. But that's okay. I know that you're gonna be pound of me".
Then on Thursday, exactly two months after the disappearance of the ill-fated MH370 plane, she said: "8th May 2014; 2 months already. I wonder as time passes, if you're alive, are you okay, where are you? God knows. We miss you".
Maira's tweets have been giving all family members of passengers aboard the missing Boeing 777, hope and comfort.
Take a look at some of the most heart-touching messages from Maira below:
8th May 2014; 2 months already. I wonder as time passes, and if you're alive, are you okay, where are you? God knows. We miss you.
— Maira E. (@Gorgxous_) May 8, 2014
Dad, I wish you are here right now. Today is the first day of my college life. But that's okay. I know that you're gonna be proud of me. ;') — Maira E. (@Gorgxous_) May 6, 2014
What is more precious than spending time with your family? Even if it's just for a day, make today's day worth living for. Have a nice day!
— Maira E. (@Gorgxous_) May 1, 2014
& I suddenly think of you. I miss you, dad. — Maira E. (@Gorgxous_) April 29, 2014
How I wish it was my father's flight that has gone missing for almost two months now and safely arrived like flight MH192.
— Maira E. (@Gorgxous_) April 20, 2014
Flight MH192 safely landed. — Maira E. (@Gorgxous_) April 20, 2014
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Update: Australians Unveil New Map To Find The Missing Plane
- Ebola Virus 'Rapidly Mutating' as Research Finds Almost 400 Mutations; International Aid Moves at a Snail's Pace
- Court Grants Indian Man Divorce Over Wife’s Insatiable Sex Demands
- ISIS Threat: Australia Terror Alert Level at 'Medium' as Saudi King Warns of Attacks in Europe in a Month
- Shocking Ice Bucket Challenge Video: Man Drenches 10-Month-Old Granddaughter, Video Garnered Angry And Appalled Comments From Viewers
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports