Monica Lewinsky Finally Dishes on Affair With Bill Clinton
By charmaine corne clutton | May 8, 2014 11:17 PM EST
The controversial Monica Lewinsky has written a piece describing her harrowing experiences during her marital affair with the Bill Clinton.
The book exposed all the details that ensued between her and former President Bill Clinton, where she described his political machinery "ruthlessly made her a 'scapegoat' to save his presidency."
When asked why it was only until now that she penned a book detailing the sordid sexual affair with Clinton, Lewinsky responded she was motivated by the suicide of 18-year-old Tyler Clementi, a Rutgers freshman who jumped from the George Washington Bridge in September 2010 after he was clandestinely caught on camera kissing another man in his dorm.
According to Lewinsky, Clementi's suicide had stirred past emotions in her mother's mind, claiming the sex scandal her own daughter was involved that pushed her own daughter on the brinks of suicide.
"She was reliving 1998 when she wouldn't let me out of her sight. She was replaying those weeks when she stayed by my bed, night after night, because I, too, was suicidal. The shame, the scorn, and the fear that had been thrown at her daughter left her afraid that I would take my own life-a fear that I would be literally humiliated to death," Lewinsky wrote.
Monica Lewinsky's full story shall be published on May 13 by Vanity Fair magazine.
"Sure, my boss took advantage of me, but I will always remain firm on this point: it was a consensual relationship. Any 'abuse' came in the aftermath, when I was made a scapegoat in order to protect his powerful position," Lewinsky further wrote in her controversial piece.
Many people were skeptical about Lewinsky's real intentions in surfacing after a decade-long silence. After having been turned down by various job opportunities due to her humiliating history with then President Clinton, Lewinsky claimed she has potentially lost over $10 million in earnings. The explosive telltale of Lewinsky was seen by others as an attempt to cash in over the decade long issue, according to New York Post.
Meanwhile, Hillary Clinton, the better half of the former President, is eyeing the presidential post for 2016.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles