Monica Lewinsky Finally Dishes on Affair With Bill Clinton
By charmaine corne clutton | May 8, 2014 11:17 PM EST
The controversial Monica Lewinsky has written a piece describing her harrowing experiences during her marital affair with the Bill Clinton.
The book exposed all the details that ensued between her and former President Bill Clinton, where she described his political machinery "ruthlessly made her a 'scapegoat' to save his presidency."
When asked why it was only until now that she penned a book detailing the sordid sexual affair with Clinton, Lewinsky responded she was motivated by the suicide of 18-year-old Tyler Clementi, a Rutgers freshman who jumped from the George Washington Bridge in September 2010 after he was clandestinely caught on camera kissing another man in his dorm.
According to Lewinsky, Clementi's suicide had stirred past emotions in her mother's mind, claiming the sex scandal her own daughter was involved that pushed her own daughter on the brinks of suicide.
"She was reliving 1998 when she wouldn't let me out of her sight. She was replaying those weeks when she stayed by my bed, night after night, because I, too, was suicidal. The shame, the scorn, and the fear that had been thrown at her daughter left her afraid that I would take my own life-a fear that I would be literally humiliated to death," Lewinsky wrote.
Monica Lewinsky's full story shall be published on May 13 by Vanity Fair magazine.
"Sure, my boss took advantage of me, but I will always remain firm on this point: it was a consensual relationship. Any 'abuse' came in the aftermath, when I was made a scapegoat in order to protect his powerful position," Lewinsky further wrote in her controversial piece.
Many people were skeptical about Lewinsky's real intentions in surfacing after a decade-long silence. After having been turned down by various job opportunities due to her humiliating history with then President Clinton, Lewinsky claimed she has potentially lost over $10 million in earnings. The explosive telltale of Lewinsky was seen by others as an attempt to cash in over the decade long issue, according to New York Post.
Meanwhile, Hillary Clinton, the better half of the former President, is eyeing the presidential post for 2016.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine