Monica Lewinsky Finally Dishes on Affair With Bill Clinton
By charmaine corne clutton | May 8, 2014 11:17 PM EST
The controversial Monica Lewinsky has written a piece describing her harrowing experiences during her marital affair with the Bill Clinton.
The book exposed all the details that ensued between her and former President Bill Clinton, where she described his political machinery "ruthlessly made her a 'scapegoat' to save his presidency."
When asked why it was only until now that she penned a book detailing the sordid sexual affair with Clinton, Lewinsky responded she was motivated by the suicide of 18-year-old Tyler Clementi, a Rutgers freshman who jumped from the George Washington Bridge in September 2010 after he was clandestinely caught on camera kissing another man in his dorm.
According to Lewinsky, Clementi's suicide had stirred past emotions in her mother's mind, claiming the sex scandal her own daughter was involved that pushed her own daughter on the brinks of suicide.
"She was reliving 1998 when she wouldn't let me out of her sight. She was replaying those weeks when she stayed by my bed, night after night, because I, too, was suicidal. The shame, the scorn, and the fear that had been thrown at her daughter left her afraid that I would take my own life-a fear that I would be literally humiliated to death," Lewinsky wrote.
Monica Lewinsky's full story shall be published on May 13 by Vanity Fair magazine.
"Sure, my boss took advantage of me, but I will always remain firm on this point: it was a consensual relationship. Any 'abuse' came in the aftermath, when I was made a scapegoat in order to protect his powerful position," Lewinsky further wrote in her controversial piece.
Many people were skeptical about Lewinsky's real intentions in surfacing after a decade-long silence. After having been turned down by various job opportunities due to her humiliating history with then President Clinton, Lewinsky claimed she has potentially lost over $10 million in earnings. The explosive telltale of Lewinsky was seen by others as an attempt to cash in over the decade long issue, according to New York Post.
Meanwhile, Hillary Clinton, the better half of the former President, is eyeing the presidential post for 2016.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]