Monica Lewinsky Finally Dishes on Affair With Bill Clinton
By charmaine corne clutton | May 8, 2014 11:17 PM EST
The controversial Monica Lewinsky has written a piece describing her harrowing experiences during her marital affair with the Bill Clinton.
The book exposed all the details that ensued between her and former President Bill Clinton, where she described his political machinery "ruthlessly made her a 'scapegoat' to save his presidency."
When asked why it was only until now that she penned a book detailing the sordid sexual affair with Clinton, Lewinsky responded she was motivated by the suicide of 18-year-old Tyler Clementi, a Rutgers freshman who jumped from the George Washington Bridge in September 2010 after he was clandestinely caught on camera kissing another man in his dorm.
According to Lewinsky, Clementi's suicide had stirred past emotions in her mother's mind, claiming the sex scandal her own daughter was involved that pushed her own daughter on the brinks of suicide.
"She was reliving 1998 when she wouldn't let me out of her sight. She was replaying those weeks when she stayed by my bed, night after night, because I, too, was suicidal. The shame, the scorn, and the fear that had been thrown at her daughter left her afraid that I would take my own life-a fear that I would be literally humiliated to death," Lewinsky wrote.
Monica Lewinsky's full story shall be published on May 13 by Vanity Fair magazine.
"Sure, my boss took advantage of me, but I will always remain firm on this point: it was a consensual relationship. Any 'abuse' came in the aftermath, when I was made a scapegoat in order to protect his powerful position," Lewinsky further wrote in her controversial piece.
Many people were skeptical about Lewinsky's real intentions in surfacing after a decade-long silence. After having been turned down by various job opportunities due to her humiliating history with then President Clinton, Lewinsky claimed she has potentially lost over $10 million in earnings. The explosive telltale of Lewinsky was seen by others as an attempt to cash in over the decade long issue, according to New York Post.
Meanwhile, Hillary Clinton, the better half of the former President, is eyeing the presidential post for 2016.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'The Mentalist' Season 7, Episode 1 Spoilers: The Ending Begins For Patrick Jane And Teresa Lisbon (Synopsis)
- 'CSI Crime Scene Investigation' Season 15 Recap: Episode 7 ‘Road to Recovery' Aired On Nov. 23, 2014, A Girl In A Rehabilitation Facility Ends Up Dead In A Pool And The ‘CSI Las Vegas’ Team Investigated Her Death [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James