Ford EcoSport Bookings Resumed in India
By greeshma m | May 8, 2014 11:11 PM EST
US auto major Ford has started accepting the booking for its much acclaimed EcoSport SUV in India again.
Ford EcoSport to Be Offered With Daytime Running LEDs in India: Report
The company had suspended the bookings for EcoSport due to the heavy demand in the sub-continent market and the waiting period of the SUV had even gone upto one year in the country. Now the company has officially confirmed the resume of bookings in India with the reduced waiting period.
"With 50,000 EcoSports delivered, we have significantly reduced the waiting period and are pleased to extend the opportunity to book the Ford EcoSport to more customers," PTI quoted Vinay Piparsania, Executive Director of Marketing Sales and Service at Ford India, reported Business Standard.
EcoSport, the game changer of the Ford in India has been riding high in the country since its launch last year. The vehicle which entered the market back in June clocked more than 30,000 bookings within 17 days and surpassed the sales of all other SUVS in the country.
EcoSport comes with 1.5L petrol, 1.5L diesel and the 1.0L EcoBoost engine under the hood. The 1.5L petrol engine gives 112 PS power and 140 Nm torque. The revolutionary EcoBoost EcoSport engine churns out a power of 125 PS and 170 Nm torque, along with a mileage of 18.9 kmpl. The diesel variant of EcoSport is the most fuel efficient among all the models, delivering a mileage of 22.7 kmpl.
Recently, the company has started offering EcoSport with the LED Daytime Running Lights. There are also reports that the Ford is considering sunroof for EcoSport in India.
Earlier in February, Ford has cut the prices of EcoSport in India, following the excise reduction announced by Finance Minister P Chidambaram in his latest interim budget.
Ford EcoSport Petrol price (All prices ex-showroom, Delhi)
Ford EcoSport Ambiente - ₹5.94 lakh
Ford EcoSport Trend - ₹6.89 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium - ₹7.85 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.0 EcoBoost M/T - ₹8.25 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.0 EcoBoost (Option) M/T - ₹8.78 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Ti-VCT A/T - ₹8.79 lakh
Ford EcoSport Diesel price
Ford EcoSport Ambiente - ₹7.13 lakh
Ford EcoSport Trend - ₹8.00 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 TDCi M/T - ₹8.96 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 TDCi (Option) - ₹9.49 lakh
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools