Ford EcoSport Bookings Resumed in India
By greeshma m | May 8, 2014 11:11 PM EST
US auto major Ford has started accepting the booking for its much acclaimed EcoSport SUV in India again.
Ford EcoSport to Be Offered With Daytime Running LEDs in India: Report
The company had suspended the bookings for EcoSport due to the heavy demand in the sub-continent market and the waiting period of the SUV had even gone upto one year in the country. Now the company has officially confirmed the resume of bookings in India with the reduced waiting period.
"With 50,000 EcoSports delivered, we have significantly reduced the waiting period and are pleased to extend the opportunity to book the Ford EcoSport to more customers," PTI quoted Vinay Piparsania, Executive Director of Marketing Sales and Service at Ford India, reported Business Standard.
EcoSport, the game changer of the Ford in India has been riding high in the country since its launch last year. The vehicle which entered the market back in June clocked more than 30,000 bookings within 17 days and surpassed the sales of all other SUVS in the country.
EcoSport comes with 1.5L petrol, 1.5L diesel and the 1.0L EcoBoost engine under the hood. The 1.5L petrol engine gives 112 PS power and 140 Nm torque. The revolutionary EcoBoost EcoSport engine churns out a power of 125 PS and 170 Nm torque, along with a mileage of 18.9 kmpl. The diesel variant of EcoSport is the most fuel efficient among all the models, delivering a mileage of 22.7 kmpl.
Recently, the company has started offering EcoSport with the LED Daytime Running Lights. There are also reports that the Ford is considering sunroof for EcoSport in India.
Earlier in February, Ford has cut the prices of EcoSport in India, following the excise reduction announced by Finance Minister P Chidambaram in his latest interim budget.
Ford EcoSport Petrol price (All prices ex-showroom, Delhi)
Ford EcoSport Ambiente - ₹5.94 lakh
Ford EcoSport Trend - ₹6.89 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium - ₹7.85 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.0 EcoBoost M/T - ₹8.25 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.0 EcoBoost (Option) M/T - ₹8.78 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Ti-VCT A/T - ₹8.79 lakh
Ford EcoSport Diesel price
Ford EcoSport Ambiente - ₹7.13 lakh
Ford EcoSport Trend - ₹8.00 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 TDCi M/T - ₹8.96 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 TDCi (Option) - ₹9.49 lakh
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown