Ford EcoSport Bookings Resumed in India
By greeshma m | May 8, 2014 11:11 PM EST
US auto major Ford has started accepting the booking for its much acclaimed EcoSport SUV in India again.
Ford EcoSport to Be Offered With Daytime Running LEDs in India: Report
The company had suspended the bookings for EcoSport due to the heavy demand in the sub-continent market and the waiting period of the SUV had even gone upto one year in the country. Now the company has officially confirmed the resume of bookings in India with the reduced waiting period.
"With 50,000 EcoSports delivered, we have significantly reduced the waiting period and are pleased to extend the opportunity to book the Ford EcoSport to more customers," PTI quoted Vinay Piparsania, Executive Director of Marketing Sales and Service at Ford India, reported Business Standard.
EcoSport, the game changer of the Ford in India has been riding high in the country since its launch last year. The vehicle which entered the market back in June clocked more than 30,000 bookings within 17 days and surpassed the sales of all other SUVS in the country.
EcoSport comes with 1.5L petrol, 1.5L diesel and the 1.0L EcoBoost engine under the hood. The 1.5L petrol engine gives 112 PS power and 140 Nm torque. The revolutionary EcoBoost EcoSport engine churns out a power of 125 PS and 170 Nm torque, along with a mileage of 18.9 kmpl. The diesel variant of EcoSport is the most fuel efficient among all the models, delivering a mileage of 22.7 kmpl.
Recently, the company has started offering EcoSport with the LED Daytime Running Lights. There are also reports that the Ford is considering sunroof for EcoSport in India.
Earlier in February, Ford has cut the prices of EcoSport in India, following the excise reduction announced by Finance Minister P Chidambaram in his latest interim budget.
Ford EcoSport Petrol price (All prices ex-showroom, Delhi)
Ford EcoSport Ambiente - ₹5.94 lakh
Ford EcoSport Trend - ₹6.89 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium - ₹7.85 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.0 EcoBoost M/T - ₹8.25 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.0 EcoBoost (Option) M/T - ₹8.78 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Ti-VCT A/T - ₹8.79 lakh
Ford EcoSport Diesel price
Ford EcoSport Ambiente - ₹7.13 lakh
Ford EcoSport Trend - ₹8.00 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 TDCi M/T - ₹8.96 lakh
Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 TDCi (Option) - ₹9.49 lakh
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28