Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Hold Initial Talks with Madrid Attacker for Possible Free Move
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 8, 2014 10:21 PM EST
Arsenal have reportedly held initial discussions with Atletico Madrid attacking midfielder Diego Ribas, claims Transfer Market Web.
Arsenal are reported to have made initial discussions with Atletico Madrid's Diego Ribas
The Brazilian playmaker, who had lots of promise during his younger years, has somewhat revived his passion and form with the Los Rojiblancos in the second-half of the ongoing season after he signed a permanent deal in January.
The Gunners are particularly interested with the 29-year-old since he is tied with the capital-based outfit only until June and will be available on a free-transfer this summer pursuant to the Bosman ruling.
Emirates boss Arsene Wenger has shown in the past that he can take advantage of decent players who are out on the market but are out of contract as was the case with Mathieu Flamini.
In spite of Diego Simeone's desire to keep the former Wolfsburg man, Atletico's economic status could not keep up with his luxurious wages.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider