Android 4.4 KitKat Update for Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S3 LTE, Galaxy S4 Mini and other Samsung Devices
By Raymond Ronamai | May 8, 2014 9:47 PM EST
Following weeks of speculations that Android 4.4 KitKat would come to Samsung devices from Galaxy series soon, a new report has claimed that the firmware update would be available for the devices, including Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S3 LTE and Galaxy S4 Mini in May and June.
File photo of a man trying out Samsung Electronics' new Galaxy 5 smartphone in Seoul
Some Samsung devices will get Android 4.4 KitKat update in May, while others will get in June, according to a report by SamMobile which accessed an internal document from a tipster. The report added that devices confirmed for the firmware, include for Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S3 LTE, Galaxy S4 Mini, Galaxy Note 3 Neo and a few others.
It may be mentioned that Android 4.4 KitKat update was rolled out for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 in several countries in April.
Here is list of Samsung devices expected to get Android 4.4 KitKat update in May and June, according to SamMobile:
- Galaxy Note 2 LTE (GT-N7105 model) with code N7105XXUFND8. Firmware testing completed.
- Galaxy S3 LTE (GT-I9305 model) with code I9305XXUFND5. Firmware in final testing.
- Galaxy Note 3 Neo (SM-N750 model) with code N750XXUBND7. Firmware testing completed.
The following devices are expected to get the new firmware update in June:
- Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9190 model) with code I9190XXUCND6. It is in final testing status.
- Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (GT-I9195 model) with code I9195XXUCND5. Testing of the firmware completed.
- Galaxy Grand 2 (SM-G7102 model) with code G7102XXUBND2. Firmware under testing.
- Galaxy Mega 5.8 (GT-I9152 model) with code I9152XXUBND4. Firmware under testing.
- Galaxy Mega 6.3 (GT-I9200 model) with code I9200XXUDND6. Firmware under testing.
Meanwhile, the international Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300 model), that popularized Samsung Electronics brand to a great extent, is not getting the firmware update. The reason may be because the device has only 1GB of RAM. The fact that Galaxy S3 LTE variant, which has 2GB of RAM, is getting the update, has hinted that Galaxy S3 may not have space to run the new OS.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments