Obama Visits Tornadoes Hit Arkansas, Pacifies Victims
By Rama Mohan | May 8, 2014 9:32 PM EST
President Barack Obama on 7 May visited the tornadoes affected areas of central Arkansas in the United States and enquired with the families who lost their loved ones in the natural calamity.
U.S. President Barack Obama. (Reuters)
"The federal government is going to be right here until we get these communities rebuilt," said the President. Because when something like this happens to a wonderful community like this one, it happens to all of us," Obama said in his remarks at Vilonia in the area.
Arkansas was devastated by tornadoes last week. The President thanked the recovery workers on the site who are helping the affected families and businesses to pick up the pieces after the tornadoes.
"After the tornadoes touched down, I immediately approved a major disaster declaration to make sure every federal resource was available to help folks in Faulkner County and other areas affected by the tornadoes. At my direction, FEMA deployed Incident Management Assistance Teams to support local recovery efforts. Craig Fugate was down here the day after the storm, and a team of the Army Corps of Engineers has been helping search through the debris," Obama stated.
The President explained the government's immediate rescue action by a crew of 200 members, including those from other countries. He pacified the affected victims and patted the recue personnel in the area by telling that the country is with them to support.
He appreciated the community's response towards the affected victims of the tornadoes. "So this is a testament to the strength of this community, the strength of Arkansas and the strength of America. And I could not be more proud of everybody who has participated in the recovery process," Obama said.
The recovery workers include members of National Guard and Army Corps of Engineers, who are searching through the debris for survivors and helping the victims of the natural calamity to recover fast.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Seven Weird Things Banned by Governments
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports