‘Scandal’ Season 4: Filming of Premiere Episode Likely in Washington, D.C., 'No' Recasting for Harrison
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 8, 2014 8:39 PM EST
ABC has yet to officially announce that it has renewed popular political drama series "Scandal" for Season 4, but the online media is buzzing with news that some scenes of Season 4 premiere episode is likely to be filmed in Washington, D.C.
According to a recent Entertainment Weekly's report, Vincent Orange, a council member of Washington, D.C. is in contact with the producer of "Scandal." This council member revealed that the producer of "Scandal" is keen on filming scenes in Washington, D.C. in the month of August.
However, the shooting of Scandal would be "dependent on continued funding of the city's film incentive program," Orange said to Entertainment Weekly.
In addition to exiting of Columbus Short news, this news also confirms that "Scandal" is returning for Season 4. There was no doubt that "Scandal" will be retuning for another season, as it has been raking-in good ratings and also it has a considerable fan following. Moreover, "Scandal" Season 3 wrapped-up with multiple-cliffhangers.
Meanwhile, replying to tweets of worried fans, who call themselves gladiators, Shonda Rhimes, creator of "Scandal," had posted on Tweeter, "Nobody should be worried. ABC has not done its pickups yet for next season. They always do them in like, early May." She also assured the fans that they expect good news, indicating that "Scandal" is returning for Season 4.
The new season, however, will not feature one of Olivia Pope's gladiators. Columbus Short will not be returning to reprise his role as Harrison Wright. Recently, Deadline reported that Eric West has been roped-in to continue the role of Harrison. Rhimes was quick to deny this report. She posted on Twitter: "I've never heard of Eric West. Harrison is not being recast EVER. How about reporters CHECK THEIR SOURCES before running with a story?"
"Scandal" Season 3 consisted of only 18 episodes because of Kerry Washington's real life pregnancy. Washington and her husband welcomed their daughter, Isabelle Amarachi, a few weeks ago. According to People.com, the news was kept under wraps and only closest family members, some close friends and Washington's Scandal cast mates received a note, which said: "Isabelle is here."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 15, 2014: Liam Confronts Quinn About Her Secret Regarding Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- Kylie Jenner Admits Butting Heads With Kim Kardashian And Reveals Plans To Move Out
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect