‘The Voice’ Australia Coaches Ricky Martin, Joel Madden Woo Former Hi-5 Member Fely Irvine
By Anne Lu | May 8, 2014 8:33 PM EST
Former Hi-5 member Fely Irvine forced the men of “The Voice” to fight for her. Ricky Martin and Joel Madden wooed the 25-year-old performer to join their team after her rendition of Rihanna’s “We Found Love” wowed them both.
On Wednesday night, Irvine took the stage during the blind audition of the popular Nine Network talent show in a bid to find fame once again.
She was not disappointed. The coaches, including Kylie Minogue and will.i.am, found her enchanting, but only Madden and Martin turned their seats to fight for Irvine’s hand.
Both professed that they needed her on their team, with Madden even taking out his secret weapon to entice the blonde beauty to join his team. He pulled a bouquet of roses, which he claimed he was saving to give to the right girl.
Irvine was visibly moved by the unexpected gesture, but in the end, she went with Martin, saying her heart was screaming for the Puerto Rican singer.
Madden was crushed, saying it was “high school all over again,” though he told Irvine that it’s okay.
As if to rub salt in the wound, will.i.am told him, “She went for the handsome guy.”
Irvine was a member of the ARIA-winning children’s musical group from 2009 to 2011.
Meanwhile, “The Voice Australia” suffered social media backlash after a breastfeeding mother appeared on air.
Contestant Dallas James was cheered on by her partner in the Green Room of the show while he performed for the coaches on stage.
And while James was successful in the blind audition, ending up with Madden after his rendition of Sam Cooke’s “Bring It On Home to Me” impressed the judges, it was her partner Ingrid who was the subject of controversy on social media soon after.
Ingrid was breastfeeding their toddler son on the couch when she was momentarily featured on air, which apparently surprised the viewers.
Some wrote on Twitter that “The Voice” was trying to ignite the unresolved breastfeeding debate, while others took offence at seeing a child still drinking milk from his mother’s breast.
For James, though, it was a natural thing to show.
“It was Ingrid’s decision to do that in the moment and I support her, and I support all women who want to breastfeed in public. It’s their choice,” he told news.com.au.
“The Voice” series 3 premiered on May 4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?