‘The Voice’ Australia Coaches Ricky Martin, Joel Madden Woo Former Hi-5 Member Fely Irvine
By Anne Lu | May 8, 2014 8:33 PM EST
Former Hi-5 member Fely Irvine forced the men of “The Voice” to fight for her. Ricky Martin and Joel Madden wooed the 25-year-old performer to join their team after her rendition of Rihanna’s “We Found Love” wowed them both.
On Wednesday night, Irvine took the stage during the blind audition of the popular Nine Network talent show in a bid to find fame once again.
She was not disappointed. The coaches, including Kylie Minogue and will.i.am, found her enchanting, but only Madden and Martin turned their seats to fight for Irvine’s hand.
Both professed that they needed her on their team, with Madden even taking out his secret weapon to entice the blonde beauty to join his team. He pulled a bouquet of roses, which he claimed he was saving to give to the right girl.
Irvine was visibly moved by the unexpected gesture, but in the end, she went with Martin, saying her heart was screaming for the Puerto Rican singer.
Madden was crushed, saying it was “high school all over again,” though he told Irvine that it’s okay.
As if to rub salt in the wound, will.i.am told him, “She went for the handsome guy.”
Irvine was a member of the ARIA-winning children’s musical group from 2009 to 2011.
Meanwhile, “The Voice Australia” suffered social media backlash after a breastfeeding mother appeared on air.
Contestant Dallas James was cheered on by her partner in the Green Room of the show while he performed for the coaches on stage.
And while James was successful in the blind audition, ending up with Madden after his rendition of Sam Cooke’s “Bring It On Home to Me” impressed the judges, it was her partner Ingrid who was the subject of controversy on social media soon after.
Ingrid was breastfeeding their toddler son on the couch when she was momentarily featured on air, which apparently surprised the viewers.
Some wrote on Twitter that “The Voice” was trying to ignite the unresolved breastfeeding debate, while others took offence at seeing a child still drinking milk from his mother’s breast.
For James, though, it was a natural thing to show.
“It was Ingrid’s decision to do that in the moment and I support her, and I support all women who want to breastfeed in public. It’s their choice,” he told news.com.au.
“The Voice” series 3 premiered on May 4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks