‘The Voice’ Australia Coaches Ricky Martin, Joel Madden Woo Former Hi-5 Member Fely Irvine
By Anne Lu | May 8, 2014 8:33 PM EST
Former Hi-5 member Fely Irvine forced the men of “The Voice” to fight for her. Ricky Martin and Joel Madden wooed the 25-year-old performer to join their team after her rendition of Rihanna’s “We Found Love” wowed them both.
On Wednesday night, Irvine took the stage during the blind audition of the popular Nine Network talent show in a bid to find fame once again.
She was not disappointed. The coaches, including Kylie Minogue and will.i.am, found her enchanting, but only Madden and Martin turned their seats to fight for Irvine’s hand.
Both professed that they needed her on their team, with Madden even taking out his secret weapon to entice the blonde beauty to join his team. He pulled a bouquet of roses, which he claimed he was saving to give to the right girl.
Irvine was visibly moved by the unexpected gesture, but in the end, she went with Martin, saying her heart was screaming for the Puerto Rican singer.
Madden was crushed, saying it was “high school all over again,” though he told Irvine that it’s okay.
As if to rub salt in the wound, will.i.am told him, “She went for the handsome guy.”
Irvine was a member of the ARIA-winning children’s musical group from 2009 to 2011.
Meanwhile, “The Voice Australia” suffered social media backlash after a breastfeeding mother appeared on air.
Contestant Dallas James was cheered on by her partner in the Green Room of the show while he performed for the coaches on stage.
And while James was successful in the blind audition, ending up with Madden after his rendition of Sam Cooke’s “Bring It On Home to Me” impressed the judges, it was her partner Ingrid who was the subject of controversy on social media soon after.
Ingrid was breastfeeding their toddler son on the couch when she was momentarily featured on air, which apparently surprised the viewers.
Some wrote on Twitter that “The Voice” was trying to ignite the unresolved breastfeeding debate, while others took offence at seeing a child still drinking milk from his mother’s breast.
For James, though, it was a natural thing to show.
“It was Ingrid’s decision to do that in the moment and I support her, and I support all women who want to breastfeed in public. It’s their choice,” he told news.com.au.
“The Voice” series 3 premiered on May 4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues