Madrid Masters 2014 Live Streaming Information: Watch Rafael Nadal and Andy Murray Live in Action
By Shruthi SU | May 8, 2014 8:23 PM EST
World no. 1 Rafael Nadal had no trouble defeating Juan Monaco with a convincing 6-1, 6-0 in round two on Wednesday.
The Argentinean couldn't manage to win a single game on serve as Nadal breezed through with 10 straight games.
Where to Watch Live
Rafael Nadal vs Jarkko Nieminen starts at 6.45 pm IST, 2.15 pm GMT, 3.15 pm local time.
Andy Murray vs Santiago Giraldo starts at 8.45 pm IST, 4.15 pm GMT, 5.15 pm local time.
The Live Coverage will be on Ten Sports HD in India, and for online viewers, the day's play will be live streamed in India and UK HERE and HERE. ESPN will have live coverage for US and Australia, but to watch the action live online, click HERE or HERE.
"I think I moved better and played well, better than I normally play on clay," Nadal said. "I was dominating over the points and playing very well. I think I've done positive things."
With that win and a career 684-134, the Spaniard has surpassed Arthur Ashe's 683-225 to be on 11th place on the all-time wins list. "No matter how many victories I've had, I'm very happy that I can be compared to Ashe," Nadal added. "To be on the same level with [a person] like him, it's always a great satisfaction for me."
The 27-year-old's next opponent is the 32-year-old Jarkko Nieminen.
"It's obviously the biggest challenge you can get - playing the World No. 1 and best player ever on clay," Nieminen said. "I've played Nadal many times. It's nothing new. It's another new great challenge and I'm looking forward to it."
Meanwhile, Nicolas Almagro - who beat Nadal in Barcelona quarterfinals two weeks ago - looked determined to hinder Andy Murray's progress. But, the Brit hung on and got the job done.
"I hung in and got the job done," Murray said after winning 6-1, 1-6, 6-4. "It's what I needed to do. He's a very tough guy to beat on this surface -- certainly moving a lot better at the end of the match and hitting the ball a lot bigger than he was at the beginning. So that was a good one for me to come through."
Next up for Murray is Colombian Santiago Giraldo who caused an upset to No. 11 seed Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, beating the Frenchman 6-3, 6-4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
MySQL server has gone awaySELECT latest_id FROM site_artdata WHERE type='ib_articles_day2ago' MySQL server has gone awaySELECT tid as num FROM biztimes_stats.stats_articles_au_pop WHERE maincat_id='26' AND outkey='Y' AND tid> ORDER BY hits DESC LIMIT 15MySQL server has gone awaySELECT article_id as num FROM ib_categories_index WHERE tid=26 ORDER BY article_id DESC LIMIT 5
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports