‘House of Cards’ Season 3: New Season Likely to go Deeper and Darker, Filming to Begin Soon
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 8, 2014 7:32 PM EST
The finale of "House of Cards" Season 2 wrapped up with Frank Underwood becoming the 46th President of the United States. He began his ruthless game of manipulation and treachery after President Walker passed him up for the position of Secretary of State. Underwood has risen to the top by checkmating and eliminating opposition. The questions that fans of "House of Cards" are asking are: "What will be his next target and how many more people he will kill?" He has murdered two, Zoe and Russo.
When E! Online asked how much evil and power hungry Underwood will become in "House of Cards" Season 3, Kevin Spacey, who plays Frank Underwood, joked, "Pope?, adding, "The presidency is one thing, but how about Pope Francis?"
Keeping jokes aside, the actor soon revealed to E! Online that both Beau Willimon, creator of "House of Cards," and David Fincher, producer of the show, have a "desire to see just how dark that well is and how deep does it go. We have miles to go before we sleep."
Meanwhile, Kate Mara, who played Zoe Barnes, wants to star in Season 3, even if it means coming back as a ghost. Zoe was killed in Episode 1 of "House of Cards" Season 2. Frank Underwood killed Zoe by pushing her in front of a speeding Metro train.
""I've been sort of lobbying to bring me back as a different character, just give me some prosthetics. I would do that," Mara said to E! News. "I would come back as a ghost too, but I don't think that's going to happen."
Recently, it was announced that Mara has been roped in to play the invisible woman in the much anticipated "Fantastic Four" movie.
"House of Cards" Season 3 production is expected to "begin over the next several months," according to a recent press statement. This was revealed in a statement that confirmed that "House of Cards" will film its third season in Maryland. The issue of tax incentive had stopped the production of Season 3 in Maryland, which was originally scheduled to begin in spring. The show's producer, Media Rights Capital, has received $11.5 million in tax credits for 2014 from the state of Maryland.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery