‘House of Cards’ Season 3: New Season Likely to go Deeper and Darker, Filming to Begin Soon
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 8, 2014 7:32 PM EST
The finale of "House of Cards" Season 2 wrapped up with Frank Underwood becoming the 46th President of the United States. He began his ruthless game of manipulation and treachery after President Walker passed him up for the position of Secretary of State. Underwood has risen to the top by checkmating and eliminating opposition. The questions that fans of "House of Cards" are asking are: "What will be his next target and how many more people he will kill?" He has murdered two, Zoe and Russo.
When E! Online asked how much evil and power hungry Underwood will become in "House of Cards" Season 3, Kevin Spacey, who plays Frank Underwood, joked, "Pope?, adding, "The presidency is one thing, but how about Pope Francis?"
Keeping jokes aside, the actor soon revealed to E! Online that both Beau Willimon, creator of "House of Cards," and David Fincher, producer of the show, have a "desire to see just how dark that well is and how deep does it go. We have miles to go before we sleep."
Meanwhile, Kate Mara, who played Zoe Barnes, wants to star in Season 3, even if it means coming back as a ghost. Zoe was killed in Episode 1 of "House of Cards" Season 2. Frank Underwood killed Zoe by pushing her in front of a speeding Metro train.
""I've been sort of lobbying to bring me back as a different character, just give me some prosthetics. I would do that," Mara said to E! News. "I would come back as a ghost too, but I don't think that's going to happen."
Recently, it was announced that Mara has been roped in to play the invisible woman in the much anticipated "Fantastic Four" movie.
"House of Cards" Season 3 production is expected to "begin over the next several months," according to a recent press statement. This was revealed in a statement that confirmed that "House of Cards" will film its third season in Maryland. The issue of tax incentive had stopped the production of Season 3 in Maryland, which was originally scheduled to begin in spring. The show's producer, Media Rights Capital, has received $11.5 million in tax credits for 2014 from the state of Maryland.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features