‘House of Cards’ Season 3: New Season Likely to go Deeper and Darker, Filming to Begin Soon
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 8, 2014 7:32 PM EST
The finale of "House of Cards" Season 2 wrapped up with Frank Underwood becoming the 46th President of the United States. He began his ruthless game of manipulation and treachery after President Walker passed him up for the position of Secretary of State. Underwood has risen to the top by checkmating and eliminating opposition. The questions that fans of "House of Cards" are asking are: "What will be his next target and how many more people he will kill?" He has murdered two, Zoe and Russo.
When E! Online asked how much evil and power hungry Underwood will become in "House of Cards" Season 3, Kevin Spacey, who plays Frank Underwood, joked, "Pope?, adding, "The presidency is one thing, but how about Pope Francis?"
Keeping jokes aside, the actor soon revealed to E! Online that both Beau Willimon, creator of "House of Cards," and David Fincher, producer of the show, have a "desire to see just how dark that well is and how deep does it go. We have miles to go before we sleep."
Meanwhile, Kate Mara, who played Zoe Barnes, wants to star in Season 3, even if it means coming back as a ghost. Zoe was killed in Episode 1 of "House of Cards" Season 2. Frank Underwood killed Zoe by pushing her in front of a speeding Metro train.
""I've been sort of lobbying to bring me back as a different character, just give me some prosthetics. I would do that," Mara said to E! News. "I would come back as a ghost too, but I don't think that's going to happen."
Recently, it was announced that Mara has been roped in to play the invisible woman in the much anticipated "Fantastic Four" movie.
"House of Cards" Season 3 production is expected to "begin over the next several months," according to a recent press statement. This was revealed in a statement that confirmed that "House of Cards" will film its third season in Maryland. The issue of tax incentive had stopped the production of Season 3 in Maryland, which was originally scheduled to begin in spring. The show's producer, Media Rights Capital, has received $11.5 million in tax credits for 2014 from the state of Maryland.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6