Nissan India Continues to Register Strong Sales with Datsun Go; Posts 328 Percent Growth in April
By greeshma m | May 8, 2014 6:57 PM EST
Japanese car maker Nissan posted a growth of 328 percent for the month of April, as against the 1,239 units sold in the corresponding month last year.
Nissan Datsun Go (Photo: WikiCommons/BsBsBs)
The company sold 5,301 vehicles in April 2014, of which about 2,072 units were Datusn Go hatchback. Nissan's Datsun Go hatch back, a low cost offering of the company, has been earning rave responses from the auto lovers across the country and if reports are to be believed, Nissan clocked over 5,000 sales for Datsun Go in India since its launch in March.
Datsun Go, which is currently being sold through the Nissan's existing dealerships, will have exclusive showrooms for the car in the next six month, according to The Hindu. Although Go hatchback is the only vehicle in the domestic market from Datsun brand currently, the company seems to be getting ready to bring its Go+ MPV to the country soon.
"The transition has been smooth, and we are in the process of strengthening our sales, marketing and service teams. Almost all dealers have come under our fold. We have also received a lot of proposals from our existing dealers to open exclusive outlets for Datsun brand. We will make decision on those proposals by the end of this month," Kenichiro Yomura, President, Nissan Motor India, told the daily.
Priced at ₹3.12 lakh, Datsun Go hatchback, which competes with the Maruti Alto, Ford Figo, Maruti Wagon R, Hyundai Santro and Hyundai i10 in the subcontinent market, comes with a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine. The engine is tested to churn out a power of 68bhp and a peak torque of 110Nm. The car houses features like digital tachometer, follow-me-home headlamps, speed sensitive wipers, silver finish front radiator grille and engine immobilizer.
The engine can accelerate 0-100 km/h in 13.3 seconds and the vehicle measures 3785mm in length, 1635mm in width, 1485mm in height, with a wheelbase of 2450mm.The Datsun Go claims to deliver a fuel efficiency of 20.6kmpl.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Selena Gomez Allegedly Back in Rehab, Hugs Nat Wolff the Night Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Made Headlines in Ibiza
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Forbids Sister Kim Kardashian from Attending her Fashion Shows, Considers her Presence a Hindrance - Reports
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports
- Apple Mac Remains Strong Despite Challenging PC Market, iPhone Remains a Winner Through Q3 Price Points