Nissan India Continues to Register Strong Sales with Datsun Go; Posts 328 Percent Growth in April
By greeshma m | May 8, 2014 6:57 PM EST
Japanese car maker Nissan posted a growth of 328 percent for the month of April, as against the 1,239 units sold in the corresponding month last year.
Nissan Datsun Go (Photo: WikiCommons/BsBsBs)
The company sold 5,301 vehicles in April 2014, of which about 2,072 units were Datusn Go hatchback. Nissan's Datsun Go hatch back, a low cost offering of the company, has been earning rave responses from the auto lovers across the country and if reports are to be believed, Nissan clocked over 5,000 sales for Datsun Go in India since its launch in March.
Datsun Go, which is currently being sold through the Nissan's existing dealerships, will have exclusive showrooms for the car in the next six month, according to The Hindu. Although Go hatchback is the only vehicle in the domestic market from Datsun brand currently, the company seems to be getting ready to bring its Go+ MPV to the country soon.
"The transition has been smooth, and we are in the process of strengthening our sales, marketing and service teams. Almost all dealers have come under our fold. We have also received a lot of proposals from our existing dealers to open exclusive outlets for Datsun brand. We will make decision on those proposals by the end of this month," Kenichiro Yomura, President, Nissan Motor India, told the daily.
Priced at ₹3.12 lakh, Datsun Go hatchback, which competes with the Maruti Alto, Ford Figo, Maruti Wagon R, Hyundai Santro and Hyundai i10 in the subcontinent market, comes with a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine. The engine is tested to churn out a power of 68bhp and a peak torque of 110Nm. The car houses features like digital tachometer, follow-me-home headlamps, speed sensitive wipers, silver finish front radiator grille and engine immobilizer.
The engine can accelerate 0-100 km/h in 13.3 seconds and the vehicle measures 3785mm in length, 1635mm in width, 1485mm in height, with a wheelbase of 2450mm.The Datsun Go claims to deliver a fuel efficiency of 20.6kmpl.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- New Zealand's Largest Snack Food Company Bought for NZ$700 Million
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June