Nissan India Continues to Register Strong Sales with Datsun Go; Posts 328 Percent Growth in April
By greeshma m | May 8, 2014 6:57 PM EST
Japanese car maker Nissan posted a growth of 328 percent for the month of April, as against the 1,239 units sold in the corresponding month last year.
Nissan Datsun Go (Photo: WikiCommons/BsBsBs)
The company sold 5,301 vehicles in April 2014, of which about 2,072 units were Datusn Go hatchback. Nissan's Datsun Go hatch back, a low cost offering of the company, has been earning rave responses from the auto lovers across the country and if reports are to be believed, Nissan clocked over 5,000 sales for Datsun Go in India since its launch in March.
Datsun Go, which is currently being sold through the Nissan's existing dealerships, will have exclusive showrooms for the car in the next six month, according to The Hindu. Although Go hatchback is the only vehicle in the domestic market from Datsun brand currently, the company seems to be getting ready to bring its Go+ MPV to the country soon.
"The transition has been smooth, and we are in the process of strengthening our sales, marketing and service teams. Almost all dealers have come under our fold. We have also received a lot of proposals from our existing dealers to open exclusive outlets for Datsun brand. We will make decision on those proposals by the end of this month," Kenichiro Yomura, President, Nissan Motor India, told the daily.
Priced at ₹3.12 lakh, Datsun Go hatchback, which competes with the Maruti Alto, Ford Figo, Maruti Wagon R, Hyundai Santro and Hyundai i10 in the subcontinent market, comes with a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine. The engine is tested to churn out a power of 68bhp and a peak torque of 110Nm. The car houses features like digital tachometer, follow-me-home headlamps, speed sensitive wipers, silver finish front radiator grille and engine immobilizer.
The engine can accelerate 0-100 km/h in 13.3 seconds and the vehicle measures 3785mm in length, 1635mm in width, 1485mm in height, with a wheelbase of 2450mm.The Datsun Go claims to deliver a fuel efficiency of 20.6kmpl.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements