Lok Sabha Elections 2014: EC Expects 80 Percent Voter Turnout in Seemandhra; TDP, YSRCP Claim to Win Majority, Naidu Invites Pawan for Lunch
By Rama Mohan | May 8, 2014 6:25 PM EST
Andhra Pradesh Chief Electoral Officer Bhanvarlal has stated that 77 percent of voting was registered by the end of polling in Seemandhra region on 7 May. He added that the voter turnout may touch 80 percent once he receive the complete polling details of all 10 districts in the region.
Telangana & Seemandhra
The voter turnout was on the rise in Seemandhra compared to the 2009 general election, Bhanvarlal said. Most of the districts in the region registered an increase in voter turnout, the CEO said.
The State DGP Prasada Rao said that except some sporadic incidents of violence during the polling, the voting process went on peacefully throughout Seemandhra. In Visakhapatnam's Palakajeedi area, Maoist extremists attacked a polling booth and torched two electronic voting machines (EVMs) and a police jeep, and re-polling has been ordered in this booth, he added.
In the post-poll scenario, both Telugu Desam Party (TDP) and YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) are claiming to form the next government by winning majority seats in Seemandhra. YSRCP president Jagan Mohan Reddy declared that he is open to support any party or any alliance of parties at the Centre to form the next government.
He claimed that YSRCP will play a key role in the formation of next government at the Centre. On the other hand, TDP is claiming to win at least 100 seats in the 175 Assembly constituencies and 15 seats in the 25 Lok Sabha constituencies of Seemandhra.
The TDP-BJP combination, with the support of maverick actor and Jana Sena founder Pawan Kalyan, covered the whole Seemandhra with its whirlwind campaigning. He drew large crowds to all rallies in both Seemandhra.
Meanwhile, Chandrababu Naidu and BJP prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi stressed the need of development for the drought prone areas in Seemandhra.
Media reports said that Naidu called Pawan Kalyan on Wednesday soon after the polling and expressed his gratitude for his support during campaigning. It is also said that Naidu has invited Pawan for lunch on Thursday.
Naidu, who toured all over Andhra Pradesh extensively and canvassed tirelessly, is said to be going abroad on a holiday trip along with his family members.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- Australia Races Against Potential Genocide In Iraq
- Ukraine Crisis: Putin Dangles Nuclear War Threat, US Senators Advise Sending Defensive Weapons
- James Foley Is A Spy – Jihadi Recruiter Reveals
- Kiwi Couple Sues Lawyers for Denial of Holiday Perk in Luxury Resort
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports