'Transformer 4: Age of Extinction' Rumored Plot Details, Release Date: Grimlock to head Dinobots, Lockdown to Open A Whole Gigantic World of Transformers
By Sonalee singh | May 8, 2014 6:11 PM EST
"Transformer 4" is set to bring a fresh new wave this summer. Directed by Michael Bay the movie will be hitting the theaters in June this year. According to various reports it is speculated that the movie will feature a new group of Dinobots.
The storyline of the movie is based on a mechanic (inventor) and his daughter. Apparently, the new discovery by the mechanic wills brings down Autobots and Decepticons, in addition to a suspicious government official, reported Breathcast.
Moreover, regarding "Transformers 4: Age of Extinction" Bay said in his interview with Entertainment Weekly,
"It's kind of like a new Transformers. We had three, the first trilogy, and this is going to be the next one." The next...trilogy? "Yeah, it's the first of a new trilogy. I'm not necessarily sure that I'm doing [the others], but that's what it's meant for."
Mark Wahlberg is the new entry in the film along with new Transformer characters including Grimlock, the head of Dinobots who will have special ability to breathe fire, a special class of Cybertronian warrior who will be changing in T-Rex-style brawler.
Regarding the new addition Grimlock in the movie, Bay said, "I like to keep things very much in the dark. But yes, you'll understand why they're there when you see the movie. If you think I'm supposed to give away a lot of story points? No way! Keep it secret."
As it could be guessed from the trailer, there is another addition to the film Lockdown. Lockdown's alternate form is a Lamborghini Aventador.
"Lockdown is an interesting character. He travels the galaxy, he works for somebody else. And he's here for one person, one alien, and then he's out of here. So he doesn't really want to take sides. The cause and balance of the galaxy is kind of messed up when different species play with different species. And that opens up a whole other gigantic world for Transformers," Bay said of Lockdown as a character.
"Transformer 4: Age of Extinction" will release on June 24.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People