'Transformer 4: Age of Extinction' Rumored Plot Details, Release Date: Grimlock to head Dinobots, Lockdown to Open A Whole Gigantic World of Transformers
By Sonalee singh | May 8, 2014 6:11 PM EST
"Transformer 4" is set to bring a fresh new wave this summer. Directed by Michael Bay the movie will be hitting the theaters in June this year. According to various reports it is speculated that the movie will feature a new group of Dinobots.
The storyline of the movie is based on a mechanic (inventor) and his daughter. Apparently, the new discovery by the mechanic wills brings down Autobots and Decepticons, in addition to a suspicious government official, reported Breathcast.
Moreover, regarding "Transformers 4: Age of Extinction" Bay said in his interview with Entertainment Weekly,
"It's kind of like a new Transformers. We had three, the first trilogy, and this is going to be the next one." The next...trilogy? "Yeah, it's the first of a new trilogy. I'm not necessarily sure that I'm doing [the others], but that's what it's meant for."
Mark Wahlberg is the new entry in the film along with new Transformer characters including Grimlock, the head of Dinobots who will have special ability to breathe fire, a special class of Cybertronian warrior who will be changing in T-Rex-style brawler.
Regarding the new addition Grimlock in the movie, Bay said, "I like to keep things very much in the dark. But yes, you'll understand why they're there when you see the movie. If you think I'm supposed to give away a lot of story points? No way! Keep it secret."
As it could be guessed from the trailer, there is another addition to the film Lockdown. Lockdown's alternate form is a Lamborghini Aventador.
"Lockdown is an interesting character. He travels the galaxy, he works for somebody else. And he's here for one person, one alien, and then he's out of here. So he doesn't really want to take sides. The cause and balance of the galaxy is kind of messed up when different species play with different species. And that opens up a whole other gigantic world for Transformers," Bay said of Lockdown as a character.
"Transformer 4: Age of Extinction" will release on June 24.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date