Ariana Grande on Cloud Nine! 'Problem' Debuts at No. 3 Spot on Billboard Hot 100 Charts
By nidhi tewari | May 8, 2014 6:10 PM EST
Ariana Grande is on cloud nine. Her song "Problem" has debuted at No. 3 position atin the Billboard Hot 100 countdown this week. The 20-year-old mesmerized everyone by her stunning performance of the track at the recent iHeart radio Music Festival and her performance became the most talked about act.
Singer Ariana Grande accepts the Kohl's new artist of the year award
The song has broken many mini records. "Problem" is the eighth-largest debut ever for a download and was at the No. 1 position on the Digital Songs chart with 438,000 copies sold. The song, which features another female rapper Iggy Azalea, has also been the highest-ever debut for a collaboration of only female soloists, Billboard.com is reporting.
Chances are that Ariana's song will be soon at the No. 1 position at the Billboard charts soon as it was just.013% away from gaining the number one spot this week at Billboard countdown.
The "Tattooed Heart" singer has also become the youngest female artist in history to sell over 425K digital tracks in one week. According to the music Web site, "Problem" also beats the No. 13 debut of Madonna's "Give Me All Your Luvin'," featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I. A. in 2012.
Ariana's track has also been touted as the top gainer of the year 2014 and highest since Eminem's "The Monster," featuring Rihanna, which also debuted on No. 3 spot in November 2013.
Ariana is also coming out with a video of the single and Iggy revealed a bit of details about it.
"It was really cool," Iggy said of the video to MTV news. "It's in the same theme. We are not going to be killing people in a lyric video and then do bubble gum or something in the video, it's the same realm. It's fairly evident that the theme is kind of mod and monochromatic. Mod girl would be the theme, I would say to the whole single film."
Ariana's sexy performance of "Problem" has Rihanna in giggles at the recent iHeart Film Festival. The Barbados beauty was seen putting her hands over her mouth as Ariana's superb performance was happening. Read more about it here. Meanwhile check out Ariana performing on "Problem" live below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance