Man Claims he had Romantic Relationship with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan; Accuses Her of Causing Mental Stress
By Ankita Mehta | May 8, 2014 6:08 PM EST
Seven years after Aishwarya Rai Bachchan tied the knot with Abhishek Bachchan, a man has filed a case against her for causing mental stress.
Aishwarya Rai, Abhishek Bachchan at Asin Thottumkal's birthday party
Niroshan Devapriya of Sri Lankan origin, in his complaint alleged that he had a romantic relationship with Aishwarya Rai. Devapriya, who is currently a resident of Taiwan, China, stated that Aishwarya Rai has caused severe stress after she married actor Abhishek.
Devapriya decided to file a case again the former Miss World and claim damages for mental stress, Daily Mirror reported.
He discussed the matter with his nephew Roshan Ajith of Panadura, who in turn demanded 1.7 million to hire a lawyer and for the entire legal procedure. Devapriya reportedly paid him the entire amount.
But he realized later that his nephew had cheated on him.
Devapriya than filed a complaint against Ajith with Colombo Fraud Investigations Bureau, (CFIB) stating that he cheated him and has not taken any legal steps in Aishwarya Rai's matter.
Ajith was produced before Colombo Fort Magistrate Thilina Gamage, who ordered him to pay back Rs 1 million in installments to his uncle.
Meanwhile, there is no update on his mental harassment complaint against the Bollywood actress.
Before getting married, Aishwarya Rai was in news for her alleged love affairs with Bollywood actors Salman Khan and Vivek Oberoi. But putting all the speculations to rest, the actress got married to Abhishek in a traditional Hindu style ceremony on 20 April, 2007.
The couple recently celebrated their seventh wedding anniversary in Mumbai. And if all goes well, they will soon be seen sharing screen space in Prahlad Kakkar's "Happy Anniversary".
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy