Man Claims he had Romantic Relationship with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan; Accuses Her of Causing Mental Stress
By Ankita Mehta | May 8, 2014 6:08 PM EST
Seven years after Aishwarya Rai Bachchan tied the knot with Abhishek Bachchan, a man has filed a case against her for causing mental stress.
Aishwarya Rai, Abhishek Bachchan at Asin Thottumkal's birthday party
Niroshan Devapriya of Sri Lankan origin, in his complaint alleged that he had a romantic relationship with Aishwarya Rai. Devapriya, who is currently a resident of Taiwan, China, stated that Aishwarya Rai has caused severe stress after she married actor Abhishek.
Devapriya decided to file a case again the former Miss World and claim damages for mental stress, Daily Mirror reported.
He discussed the matter with his nephew Roshan Ajith of Panadura, who in turn demanded 1.7 million to hire a lawyer and for the entire legal procedure. Devapriya reportedly paid him the entire amount.
But he realized later that his nephew had cheated on him.
Devapriya than filed a complaint against Ajith with Colombo Fraud Investigations Bureau, (CFIB) stating that he cheated him and has not taken any legal steps in Aishwarya Rai's matter.
Ajith was produced before Colombo Fort Magistrate Thilina Gamage, who ordered him to pay back Rs 1 million in installments to his uncle.
Meanwhile, there is no update on his mental harassment complaint against the Bollywood actress.
Before getting married, Aishwarya Rai was in news for her alleged love affairs with Bollywood actors Salman Khan and Vivek Oberoi. But putting all the speculations to rest, the actress got married to Abhishek in a traditional Hindu style ceremony on 20 April, 2007.
The couple recently celebrated their seventh wedding anniversary in Mumbai. And if all goes well, they will soon be seen sharing screen space in Prahlad Kakkar's "Happy Anniversary".
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date