Shailene Woodley is Into ‘Heart to Heart’ Hugs? Hear TFIOS Author John Green Explain How it Works [WATCH VIDEO]
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 8, 2014 5:01 PM EST
Love to hug the normal way? Shailene Woodley is apparently not into that as "The Fault in Our Stars" (TFIOS) author John Green reveals that the actress is more into the "heart to heart" hug where the heart literally touches the other person's heart when hugging.
Actress Shailene Woodley arrives at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok
‘The Fault in Our Stars’ Extended Trailer Released: Join Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort as They Fall in Love [WATCH VIDEO]
The 22-year-old "Divergent" star appears to be someone who is not used to normal ways. As previously reported, Shailene Woodley admitted in an interview with Into The Gloss that she eats clay, saying "clay is one of the best things" a person can put into his or her body.
"The first time we met, we hugged the regular way and then she looked very, very deeply into my eyes from like two inches away - it's pretty intense - and then she said, 'I need some heart to heart,' and then we hugged the other way so that our hearts touched," TFIOS author John Green told MTV News.
"And now every time I see Shailene, we hug heart to heart - it's great. I'm such a huge fan of hers; she's awesome," Green added.
Though some people might have thought that Woodley's habits are "not normal," the Divergent star couldn't help sharing in an interview with Natural Health magazine that she is also into "herbal remedies."
Woodley is set to appear in the movie adaptation of Green's novel The Fault in Our Stars, playing as Hazel Lancaster, alongside Ansel Elgort, playing Gus Waters, who has been her brother in the movie Divergent.
Though Woodley was reportedly once overlooked for the role of Hazel, apparently John Green and the TFIOS production team have changed their minds once they heard the Divergent star read Hazel's lines.
"I think that once they see Shai as Hazel and Ansel as Gus, it's just going to feel magical to them, the way it felt for me. So I'm just excited for them to see those two actors bring those characters to life," Green explained to MTV News.
Join Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgot as they fall in love on screen. The Fault in Our Stars is set to hit theatres on June 6 in the U.S. and June 5 in Australia.
WATCH: "The Fault in Our Stars" Official Trailer
Source: YouTube/20th Century Fox
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World