Shailene Woodley is Into ‘Heart to Heart’ Hugs? Hear TFIOS Author John Green Explain How it Works [WATCH VIDEO]
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 8, 2014 5:01 PM EST
Love to hug the normal way? Shailene Woodley is apparently not into that as "The Fault in Our Stars" (TFIOS) author John Green reveals that the actress is more into the "heart to heart" hug where the heart literally touches the other person's heart when hugging.
Actress Shailene Woodley arrives at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok
‘The Fault in Our Stars’ Extended Trailer Released: Join Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort as They Fall in Love [WATCH VIDEO]
The 22-year-old "Divergent" star appears to be someone who is not used to normal ways. As previously reported, Shailene Woodley admitted in an interview with Into The Gloss that she eats clay, saying "clay is one of the best things" a person can put into his or her body.
"The first time we met, we hugged the regular way and then she looked very, very deeply into my eyes from like two inches away - it's pretty intense - and then she said, 'I need some heart to heart,' and then we hugged the other way so that our hearts touched," TFIOS author John Green told MTV News.
"And now every time I see Shailene, we hug heart to heart - it's great. I'm such a huge fan of hers; she's awesome," Green added.
Though some people might have thought that Woodley's habits are "not normal," the Divergent star couldn't help sharing in an interview with Natural Health magazine that she is also into "herbal remedies."
Woodley is set to appear in the movie adaptation of Green's novel The Fault in Our Stars, playing as Hazel Lancaster, alongside Ansel Elgort, playing Gus Waters, who has been her brother in the movie Divergent.
Though Woodley was reportedly once overlooked for the role of Hazel, apparently John Green and the TFIOS production team have changed their minds once they heard the Divergent star read Hazel's lines.
"I think that once they see Shai as Hazel and Ansel as Gus, it's just going to feel magical to them, the way it felt for me. So I'm just excited for them to see those two actors bring those characters to life," Green explained to MTV News.
Join Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgot as they fall in love on screen. The Fault in Our Stars is set to hit theatres on June 6 in the U.S. and June 5 in Australia.
WATCH: "The Fault in Our Stars" Official Trailer
Source: YouTube/20th Century Fox
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage