Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Goalkeeper to Force Barcelona Move
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 8, 2014 4:55 PM EST
Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois will reportedly take matters into his own hands and force a move to La Liga giants FC Barcelona, according to sources in Spain.
Atletico Madrid loanee goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois will force his mother club, Chelsea, to move him to Barcelona
The loan contract between the Blues and Atletico Madrid involving the Belgian international will expire at the end of this season, and the 21-year-old has no plans of going back to Stamford Bridge unless he is assured of the number 1 spot.
Meanwhile, Barca are in desperate search for a shot-stopper, with Victor Valdes having expressed that he wants a fresh and new challenge after this term, while long-time second stringer Jose Pinto, 38, will also be expected to move on due to age and a contract that is set to run out in June.
Jose Mourinho is facing a difficult predicament as he is torn between injecting new blood in his squad that might prove beneficial for the long-term vis-à-vis the stability and reliability that a veteran in Petr Cech can give him between the sticks.
Cech has undergone a surgery to treat his shoulder injury on Wednesday, but is expected to be back in 8 to 10 weeks, which could be just in time for him to suit up for the 2014/15 campaign.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match