Apple Boasts Macbook Air Processor And Cuts Prices
By Naveena Joy | May 8, 2014 4:41 PM EST
Apple has announced a minor processor upgrade and price cut on all four preconfigured MacBook Air models.
While Apple didn't give importance to major hardware and design updates, the company has slashed the prices of the 11.6-inch and 13.3-inch Macbook Air by $100 and increased the CPU clock speed by 100 MHz.
The leaf on the Apple symbol is tinted green at the Apple flagship store on 5th Ave in New York
The 11.6-inch MacBook Air dropped to a starting price of $899 from $999, and its dual-core Core i5 processor now runs at 1.4 GHz with a 2.7 GHz Turbo speed. Other details remain the same like non-Retina1366 x 768 display, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB solid-state drive and nine hours battery life.
Apple's larger version of 13.3-inch MacBook Air now starts with price $999 from $1099. The features are similar to that of 11.6-inch Air, except for the 1440 x 900 screen resolution powered by Intel's HD 5000 graphics and the 12 hours long battery life.
Although the changes are minor, it is noticeable. Intel may have improved the chip in other ways as the newer versions of a processor typically include manufacturing improvements, which can result in better power efficiency and cooling.
The lower price with a bump in the processor could give an up in the Mac sales. But users are expecting the much speculated majorly redesigned Air releasing later this year with NPD, Display Search and Apple releasing a thinner, 12-inch MacBook Air model with a Retina display.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ 1.17 Update May Feature Hydra and Army DLC As New Verified Jobs Emerge
- Android 5.0 L Update Forecast For Sony Xperia Z Series, Mid-Range and Low-Cost Devices
- ‘Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney' For Nintendo 3DS Released On Aug. 29, 2014 In North America [WATCH VIDEO]
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine