Apple Boasts Macbook Air Processor And Cuts Prices
By Naveena Joy | May 8, 2014 4:41 PM EST
Apple has announced a minor processor upgrade and price cut on all four preconfigured MacBook Air models.
While Apple didn't give importance to major hardware and design updates, the company has slashed the prices of the 11.6-inch and 13.3-inch Macbook Air by $100 and increased the CPU clock speed by 100 MHz.
The leaf on the Apple symbol is tinted green at the Apple flagship store on 5th Ave in New York
The 11.6-inch MacBook Air dropped to a starting price of $899 from $999, and its dual-core Core i5 processor now runs at 1.4 GHz with a 2.7 GHz Turbo speed. Other details remain the same like non-Retina1366 x 768 display, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB solid-state drive and nine hours battery life.
Apple's larger version of 13.3-inch MacBook Air now starts with price $999 from $1099. The features are similar to that of 11.6-inch Air, except for the 1440 x 900 screen resolution powered by Intel's HD 5000 graphics and the 12 hours long battery life.
Although the changes are minor, it is noticeable. Intel may have improved the chip in other ways as the newer versions of a processor typically include manufacturing improvements, which can result in better power efficiency and cooling.
The lower price with a bump in the processor could give an up in the Mac sales. But users are expecting the much speculated majorly redesigned Air releasing later this year with NPD, Display Search and Apple releasing a thinner, 12-inch MacBook Air model with a Retina display.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28