Apple Boasts Macbook Air Processor And Cuts Prices
By Naveena Joy | May 8, 2014 4:41 PM EST
Apple has announced a minor processor upgrade and price cut on all four preconfigured MacBook Air models.
While Apple didn't give importance to major hardware and design updates, the company has slashed the prices of the 11.6-inch and 13.3-inch Macbook Air by $100 and increased the CPU clock speed by 100 MHz.
The leaf on the Apple symbol is tinted green at the Apple flagship store on 5th Ave in New York
The 11.6-inch MacBook Air dropped to a starting price of $899 from $999, and its dual-core Core i5 processor now runs at 1.4 GHz with a 2.7 GHz Turbo speed. Other details remain the same like non-Retina1366 x 768 display, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB solid-state drive and nine hours battery life.
Apple's larger version of 13.3-inch MacBook Air now starts with price $999 from $1099. The features are similar to that of 11.6-inch Air, except for the 1440 x 900 screen resolution powered by Intel's HD 5000 graphics and the 12 hours long battery life.
Although the changes are minor, it is noticeable. Intel may have improved the chip in other ways as the newer versions of a processor typically include manufacturing improvements, which can result in better power efficiency and cooling.
The lower price with a bump in the processor could give an up in the Mac sales. But users are expecting the much speculated majorly redesigned Air releasing later this year with NPD, Display Search and Apple releasing a thinner, 12-inch MacBook Air model with a Retina display.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date