Priyanka Chopra Unhappy with Ex-Boyfriend’s Film on Her
By Arijita Bhowmik | May 8, 2014 4:36 PM EST
Former Miss World Priyanka Chopra appears to be upset with reports of a biopic being planned on her by former boyfriend Aseem Merchant.
Priyanka Chopra partnered with Nokia Mix Radio launches her latest single "I can't make you love me" at Blue Frog, Lower Parel, Mumbai
It was recently reported that the actress' former flame and model Merchant was planning a film on her, which would chronicle her early days in the industry. The film will focus on the period that Prakash Jaju worked as her manager.
On the occasion of the actress's newest single "I Can't Make You Love Me" launch in Mumbai on Monday, she was asked how she felt about the biopic.
While the 31-year-old initially refrained from commenting on it, when prodded further, the actress was clearly cross with the development.
"It would be extremely flattering for me if someone would make a biopic on my life, but this particular situation makes me very angry as I know what my family and I went through during that phase of our lives and what upsets me is that people want to glorify something which was a painful part in my life. I think it's extremely disturbing," PTI quoted Chopra.
It is well known that Chopra and Jaju were drawn into a legal situation, when the latter had claimed that the actress owed him a large amount of remuneration and also blamed her for non-payment of dues.
However, Jaju was eventually arrested and spent over two months in jail after Chopra's late father filed a police complaint alleging false claims and threatening family members.
She further gave a reference to her present project "Mary Kom" which too is a biopic on the Olympic medallist boxer.
"I am doing a biopic on Mary Kom's life and she has sat with me on every scene that I have shot and has told me her emotions that she felt during a particular situation," the actress explained making it evident that if the Merchant made the biopic, he would clearly bring back those unpleasant memories that would disturb her.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar