Priyanka Chopra Unhappy with Ex-Boyfriend’s Film on Her
By Arijita Bhowmik | May 8, 2014 4:36 PM EST
Former Miss World Priyanka Chopra appears to be upset with reports of a biopic being planned on her by former boyfriend Aseem Merchant.
Priyanka Chopra partnered with Nokia Mix Radio launches her latest single "I can't make you love me" at Blue Frog, Lower Parel, Mumbai
It was recently reported that the actress' former flame and model Merchant was planning a film on her, which would chronicle her early days in the industry. The film will focus on the period that Prakash Jaju worked as her manager.
On the occasion of the actress's newest single "I Can't Make You Love Me" launch in Mumbai on Monday, she was asked how she felt about the biopic.
While the 31-year-old initially refrained from commenting on it, when prodded further, the actress was clearly cross with the development.
"It would be extremely flattering for me if someone would make a biopic on my life, but this particular situation makes me very angry as I know what my family and I went through during that phase of our lives and what upsets me is that people want to glorify something which was a painful part in my life. I think it's extremely disturbing," PTI quoted Chopra.
It is well known that Chopra and Jaju were drawn into a legal situation, when the latter had claimed that the actress owed him a large amount of remuneration and also blamed her for non-payment of dues.
However, Jaju was eventually arrested and spent over two months in jail after Chopra's late father filed a police complaint alleging false claims and threatening family members.
She further gave a reference to her present project "Mary Kom" which too is a biopic on the Olympic medallist boxer.
"I am doing a biopic on Mary Kom's life and she has sat with me on every scene that I have shot and has told me her emotions that she felt during a particular situation," the actress explained making it evident that if the Merchant made the biopic, he would clearly bring back those unpleasant memories that would disturb her.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6