Priyanka Chopra Unhappy with Ex-Boyfriend’s Film on Her
By Arijita Bhowmik | May 8, 2014 4:36 PM EST
Former Miss World Priyanka Chopra appears to be upset with reports of a biopic being planned on her by former boyfriend Aseem Merchant.
Priyanka Chopra partnered with Nokia Mix Radio launches her latest single "I can't make you love me" at Blue Frog, Lower Parel, Mumbai
It was recently reported that the actress' former flame and model Merchant was planning a film on her, which would chronicle her early days in the industry. The film will focus on the period that Prakash Jaju worked as her manager.
On the occasion of the actress's newest single "I Can't Make You Love Me" launch in Mumbai on Monday, she was asked how she felt about the biopic.
While the 31-year-old initially refrained from commenting on it, when prodded further, the actress was clearly cross with the development.
"It would be extremely flattering for me if someone would make a biopic on my life, but this particular situation makes me very angry as I know what my family and I went through during that phase of our lives and what upsets me is that people want to glorify something which was a painful part in my life. I think it's extremely disturbing," PTI quoted Chopra.
It is well known that Chopra and Jaju were drawn into a legal situation, when the latter had claimed that the actress owed him a large amount of remuneration and also blamed her for non-payment of dues.
However, Jaju was eventually arrested and spent over two months in jail after Chopra's late father filed a police complaint alleging false claims and threatening family members.
She further gave a reference to her present project "Mary Kom" which too is a biopic on the Olympic medallist boxer.
"I am doing a biopic on Mary Kom's life and she has sat with me on every scene that I have shot and has told me her emotions that she felt during a particular situation," the actress explained making it evident that if the Merchant made the biopic, he would clearly bring back those unpleasant memories that would disturb her.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports