Priyanka Chopra Unhappy with Ex-Boyfriend’s Film on Her
By Arijita Bhowmik | May 8, 2014 4:36 PM EST
Former Miss World Priyanka Chopra appears to be upset with reports of a biopic being planned on her by former boyfriend Aseem Merchant.
Priyanka Chopra partnered with Nokia Mix Radio launches her latest single "I can't make you love me" at Blue Frog, Lower Parel, Mumbai
It was recently reported that the actress' former flame and model Merchant was planning a film on her, which would chronicle her early days in the industry. The film will focus on the period that Prakash Jaju worked as her manager.
On the occasion of the actress's newest single "I Can't Make You Love Me" launch in Mumbai on Monday, she was asked how she felt about the biopic.
While the 31-year-old initially refrained from commenting on it, when prodded further, the actress was clearly cross with the development.
"It would be extremely flattering for me if someone would make a biopic on my life, but this particular situation makes me very angry as I know what my family and I went through during that phase of our lives and what upsets me is that people want to glorify something which was a painful part in my life. I think it's extremely disturbing," PTI quoted Chopra.
It is well known that Chopra and Jaju were drawn into a legal situation, when the latter had claimed that the actress owed him a large amount of remuneration and also blamed her for non-payment of dues.
However, Jaju was eventually arrested and spent over two months in jail after Chopra's late father filed a police complaint alleging false claims and threatening family members.
She further gave a reference to her present project "Mary Kom" which too is a biopic on the Olympic medallist boxer.
"I am doing a biopic on Mary Kom's life and she has sat with me on every scene that I have shot and has told me her emotions that she felt during a particular situation," the actress explained making it evident that if the Merchant made the biopic, he would clearly bring back those unpleasant memories that would disturb her.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change