‘MasterChef Australia’ 6 (2014) Update: Show Finished 3 Episodes in a Row; 24 Contestants Selected, More Excitement Brewing on Next Episodes
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 8, 2014 3:40 PM EST
"MasterChef Australia" Season 6 is getting more exciting than ever. With three episodes finished in a row, mouth-watering dishes have already poured, the judges tasted the best dishes the home cooks have prepared yet, and a mix of emotions have stirred hearts as the contestants share their own stories, their dreams, and how entering the "MasterChef Australia" kitchen could change their lives.
On the episode one of the famous reality cooking show, 50 contestants competed for the coveted apron. While everyone showed promising talents in the kitchen, the best of the best will only be selected to proceed to the next round. The "MasterChef Australia" 2014 however, seems not to be all about the food this time, aside from great cooking, the judges ask contestants of their motivations, measuring their determination to give their best cooking performance.
As the first episode concludes, 14 aprons have already been given, with only remaining 10 for the 18 contestants to vie for. In the episode 2, the aspiring chefs underwent "core skills invention test," subsequently asked to create a version of George Calombaris' lemon lime and bitters dessert.
"MasterChef Australia" 2014 already picked its Top 24 with 10 males and 14 females contending for the "MasterChef" title, $250,000 cash, a cookbook publishing deal from Hardie Grant, and a chance to work in some of the country's best kitchens.
The Top 24 are comprised with students, managers, marketers, a law student, kid's clothing designer, dentist, a carpenter, and more. While they are working different jobs, they are gathered because of one passion-cooking.
The hashtag #MasterChefAU trended on Twitter as the show premiered on May 5. Fans of "MasterChef Australia" seem to have picked their early favourites as they tweeted their support for the contestants. Even judge Gary Mehigan tweeted about contestant Nick Doyle who is called "the gentle giant," admiring his vision and the goal he wants to achieve.
— Gary Mehigan (@crispycrackling) May 7, 2014
Meanwhile, Cecilia Vuong a secondary school teacher from Victoria who won the judges with her Black Sesame and Jaffa macaroons will not be able to continue on the competition due to medical reasons. Vuong underwent a brain surgery and still on the recovery phase. According to Gary Mehigan who announced the news to the contestants, the show received medical advice that she should not continue for her best interest. She is replaced by 18-year-old Georgia Hughes from South Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1: ‘The Biggest Action Sequence That We Have Ever Attempted’ [VIDEO]
- 'Terminator' 5 And 'Jurassic World' Trailers To Be Released Soon
- ‘Star Wars’ 7 Plot Leak – New Villain And Stormtroopers New Look [Spoilers]
- 'Doctor Who' Casting News: 'GOT' Actress Rose Leslie Favoured To Play As 'Clara Oswald'
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display