‘MasterChef Australia’ 6 (2014) Update: Show Finished 3 Episodes in a Row; 24 Contestants Selected, More Excitement Brewing on Next Episodes
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 8, 2014 3:40 PM EST
"MasterChef Australia" Season 6 is getting more exciting than ever. With three episodes finished in a row, mouth-watering dishes have already poured, the judges tasted the best dishes the home cooks have prepared yet, and a mix of emotions have stirred hearts as the contestants share their own stories, their dreams, and how entering the "MasterChef Australia" kitchen could change their lives.
On the episode one of the famous reality cooking show, 50 contestants competed for the coveted apron. While everyone showed promising talents in the kitchen, the best of the best will only be selected to proceed to the next round. The "MasterChef Australia" 2014 however, seems not to be all about the food this time, aside from great cooking, the judges ask contestants of their motivations, measuring their determination to give their best cooking performance.
As the first episode concludes, 14 aprons have already been given, with only remaining 10 for the 18 contestants to vie for. In the episode 2, the aspiring chefs underwent "core skills invention test," subsequently asked to create a version of George Calombaris' lemon lime and bitters dessert.
"MasterChef Australia" 2014 already picked its Top 24 with 10 males and 14 females contending for the "MasterChef" title, $250,000 cash, a cookbook publishing deal from Hardie Grant, and a chance to work in some of the country's best kitchens.
The Top 24 are comprised with students, managers, marketers, a law student, kid's clothing designer, dentist, a carpenter, and more. While they are working different jobs, they are gathered because of one passion-cooking.
The hashtag #MasterChefAU trended on Twitter as the show premiered on May 5. Fans of "MasterChef Australia" seem to have picked their early favourites as they tweeted their support for the contestants. Even judge Gary Mehigan tweeted about contestant Nick Doyle who is called "the gentle giant," admiring his vision and the goal he wants to achieve.
— Gary Mehigan (@crispycrackling) May 7, 2014
Meanwhile, Cecilia Vuong a secondary school teacher from Victoria who won the judges with her Black Sesame and Jaffa macaroons will not be able to continue on the competition due to medical reasons. Vuong underwent a brain surgery and still on the recovery phase. According to Gary Mehigan who announced the news to the contestants, the show received medical advice that she should not continue for her best interest. She is replaced by 18-year-old Georgia Hughes from South Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28