Viral Video: Meet the Man With Seven Lives And a Winning Lotto Ticket [Watch YouTube Clip]
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | May 8, 2014 3:09 PM EST
Who says only the cats have nine lives? Apparently, there is a man with seven lives and a winning lotto ticket.
An animated video of a man's life has been uploaded on YouTube. This has gone viral earning 800,000 views and over 8,000 likes since it was published on May 1. According to the video owner, This and That Visuals, the 2.53-minute long video was strange but a true story. The animated video has an accompanying voice over narrating how the man cheated death seven times.
Meet the Croatian music teacher, Frane Selak. His first brush of death was when he was riding on a train going from Sarajevo to Dubrovnik in 1962. While other passengers were killed in the crash, he managed to escape death with a broken arm when the train jumped off the track and felt down into an icy river.
While he was on transit via an airplane the next year, the airplane experienced some problems mid-flight. As the train plummeted to the ground, a door flew open and Selak was sucked out of the airplane. He landed on a haystack and suffered only minor injuries while the plane crushed to the side of the hill killing all 99 passengers aboard.
Selaks' third death defying experience happened while he was riding a bus. The bus skidded into the bridge killing four passengers. Then in another event, the car he drove caught fire and he luckily got off the car before it burst into huge flames.
The year after, Selak's car also went on fire. But this time, the flame was directly toward his face through the air vest. He also survived the incident with the loss of his hair. He was also hit by a bus in 1995 and sustained only minor injuries from the accident.
Finally, the year after he was forced off the road when the car he drove met a truck directly coming at him around the road's bend. The car plummeted down 300 feet below and exploded into flames but Selak somehow managed to hang his life on a tree somewhere down the cliff.
With the seven lives that Selak has, he lived up to a ripe old age of 74. For the first time in 40 years, Selak bought a lottery ticket and ended up winning $1 million.
Indeed, he was the luckiest unlucky man to ever live.
Watch the animated video Mr. Selak's life on YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Where and How to Best View Delta Aquarids Meteor Shower Peak on July 28 and 29
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- iPhone 6 releasing Soon, Use Old Smartphones to Save Rainforest
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June