George Clooney Breaks Away From Single Hood , Gets Engaged to Amal Alamuddin: Is Former Girlfriend Stacy Keibler Miffed?
By Sonalee singh | May 8, 2014 3:05 PM EST
George Clooney's former flame Stacy Keibler was apparently taken by surprise when she heard about the former's engagement to Amal Alamuddin. Keibler and Clooney dated for two long years before calling it quits in July 2013. Rumors have it that the former model never saw this coming.
"When George and Stacy got together, he told her that she would be the one he'd marry - and that they could have kids," a source told Us Weekly (via E!)
Does that mean Clooney not marrying Keibler has miffed the latter?
Keibler is now married to a businessman Jared Pobre and is expecting her first child with him. Reports claim that Keibler was taken aback by Clooney's big announcement in a report by E! Online,
"Stacy is focused on her life with Jared [Pobre] and enjoying her pregnancy. She wishes nothing but happiness for anyone she's dated, including George."
Keibler walked the aisle with Pobre in early March during a vacation in Mexico. Just three weeks after their marriage, the couple announced about Keibler's pregnancy. According to sources to E! the couple is expecting a baby girl and they are beyond excited and happy.
Meanwhile, Clooney proposed to Alamuddin, a British lawyer over a romantic home cooked meal.
"George cooked a meal himself for Amal at home on April 22, then he surprised her by getting down on bended knee and presenting her with the ring. He was so happy she accepted, he was calling friends with the news later that night," Page Six quoted a source.
"We are very pleased. We like Amal, and we are very excited for our family and thrilled for them. They are both wonderful people and hope they have a terrific life ahead of them," said Nick Clooney, George's father, regarding the couple's engagement, to the Web site,
Moreover, Julia Roberts who recently appeared at Ellen DeGeneres Show said that Clooney's engagement to Amal is sublime.
"She is beautiful and smart, and he is happy, and that's what matters to me," Roberts said of Amal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence