George Clooney Breaks Away From Single Hood , Gets Engaged to Amal Alamuddin: Is Former Girlfriend Stacy Keibler Miffed?
By Sonalee singh | May 8, 2014 3:05 PM EST
George Clooney's former flame Stacy Keibler was apparently taken by surprise when she heard about the former's engagement to Amal Alamuddin. Keibler and Clooney dated for two long years before calling it quits in July 2013. Rumors have it that the former model never saw this coming.
"When George and Stacy got together, he told her that she would be the one he'd marry - and that they could have kids," a source told Us Weekly (via E!)
Does that mean Clooney not marrying Keibler has miffed the latter?
Keibler is now married to a businessman Jared Pobre and is expecting her first child with him. Reports claim that Keibler was taken aback by Clooney's big announcement in a report by E! Online,
"Stacy is focused on her life with Jared [Pobre] and enjoying her pregnancy. She wishes nothing but happiness for anyone she's dated, including George."
Keibler walked the aisle with Pobre in early March during a vacation in Mexico. Just three weeks after their marriage, the couple announced about Keibler's pregnancy. According to sources to E! the couple is expecting a baby girl and they are beyond excited and happy.
Meanwhile, Clooney proposed to Alamuddin, a British lawyer over a romantic home cooked meal.
"George cooked a meal himself for Amal at home on April 22, then he surprised her by getting down on bended knee and presenting her with the ring. He was so happy she accepted, he was calling friends with the news later that night," Page Six quoted a source.
"We are very pleased. We like Amal, and we are very excited for our family and thrilled for them. They are both wonderful people and hope they have a terrific life ahead of them," said Nick Clooney, George's father, regarding the couple's engagement, to the Web site,
Moreover, Julia Roberts who recently appeared at Ellen DeGeneres Show said that Clooney's engagement to Amal is sublime.
"She is beautiful and smart, and he is happy, and that's what matters to me," Roberts said of Amal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On