Recount V. Stiviano’s Encounter With the Law; Sterling’s Mistress Arrested 4 Times in the Last 12 Years
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 8, 2014 2:59 PM EST
As if V. Stiviano's recent leaked tape scandal and lawsuit with Donald Sterling's wife weren't bad enough to begin with, a recent report exposes her criminal records in the last 12 years. Apparently, Stiviano seemed to have a knack for getting arrested. She had reportedly committed four crimes using five different aliases.
TMZ reported that Stiviano was "a true chameleon," after having caught committing various crimes and using different names in all the three of the four instances that she was arrested.
In 2002, Stiviano was arrested by the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) for petty theft. She was sentenced and put on probation. The name that Stiviano used to identify herself back then was Vanessa Maria Perez. Two years later, in 2004, Stiviano was arrested again. This time around, the Santa Monica police department held her for felony burglary and petty theft. She was identified as Vanessa Maria Perez. The third time that she used the previously mentioned alias was in 2010. The LAPD caught her in possession of a controlled substance.
In 2012, Stiviano was caught by California Highway Patrol for driving under the influence (DUI). She used Monica Gallegos as her name.
According to the court records obtained by TMZ, Stiviano also used the aliases Maria Valdez, Maria Vanessa Perez and Mariamonica Perez Gallegos.
Speaking to The Los Angeles Times, Stiviano's lawyer Mac Nehoray revealed that the two petty theft cases were already deleted from her record because she has already completed the probation. The DUI charge was reportedly a mistake, Nehoray claimed. He said that Stiviano was only speeding but not driving under the influence of any substance.
Stiviano's criminal convictions in the past is currently being studied after she expressed her intentions of adopting children amidst the ongoing racist leaked tape scandal.
Maria Vanessa Perez is actually Stiviano's real name, Huffington Post reported. She only filed a petition to change her name to V. Stiviano in 2010, citing racial discrimination as one of her reasons.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- NBA Preview: Milwaukee Bucks Look to Develop Youngsters Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine