'How I Met Your Mother' Star Neil Patrick Harris is Weak From Dieting Seriously to Look Feminine
By Annie Dee | May 8, 2014 2:57 PM EST
In an interview with Rolling Stone, Neil Patrick Harris admitted to taking a feminine diet for his Hedwig role. Apparently, he took it so seriously that he is weak because of it. His diet was quite successful, because he really looked unrecognizable in Hedwig.
Host Neil Patrick Harris performs a musical number at the 65th Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles September 22, 2013. REUTERS/Mike Blake
Neil Patrick Harris bares it all for everyone to see on a racy cover photo of him naked on the cover of the May 22 issue of "Rolling Stone" except for a bow tie and a top hat strategically placed on his private part. In his interview for the same magazine, Neil Patrick maintained the funny energy he displayed in his character Barney Stinson of "How I Met Your Mother" and talked about serious stuff such as his career and health.
According to this interview, Neil Patrick, 40 who is already quite slim, had to slim down further for his role in the Broadway Show entitled "Hedwig." His slimmed down physique is quite obvious on this particular Rolling Stone cover. Neil Patrick looked sexier than ever, probably thanks to Terry Richardson too, the renowned photographer who took the photo.
Even though he looks really sexy on this cover, the How I Met You star claims he prefers a little meat on his bones because he feels weak after his transformation for his role in Hedwig.
"I need to eat more. That's becoming apparent. I'm so intent on looking feminine, on changing my silhouette. But I'm running out of energy, and it's affecting my mood," shared NPH.
While he looks great, it is refreshing to see an actor who's willing to say that he does not feel okay with his transformation. It is important for an actor to prioritize his overall health and well-being too, even if a role demands something else.
Aside from his health, Neil Patrick Harris also shared some views on his career and why he became successful. His role as the womaziner, Barney Stinson in "How I Met Your Mother" is now considered legendary. For him, being gay did not hurt his career at all. He thinks coming out improved his career.
"Once all the cards were on the table, I got more opportunities than ever," Neil tells Rolling Stone. "Some actors don't get hired because you can't look into their soul and see what they're like, because they're kept guarded."
Seeing how dedicated he is to his craft, being gay naturally will not hurt him as an actor.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0