'How I Met Your Mother' Star Neil Patrick Harris is Weak From Dieting Seriously to Look Feminine
By Annie Dee | May 8, 2014 2:57 PM EST
In an interview with Rolling Stone, Neil Patrick Harris admitted to taking a feminine diet for his Hedwig role. Apparently, he took it so seriously that he is weak because of it. His diet was quite successful, because he really looked unrecognizable in Hedwig.
Host Neil Patrick Harris performs a musical number at the 65th Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles September 22, 2013. REUTERS/Mike Blake
Neil Patrick Harris bares it all for everyone to see on a racy cover photo of him naked on the cover of the May 22 issue of "Rolling Stone" except for a bow tie and a top hat strategically placed on his private part. In his interview for the same magazine, Neil Patrick maintained the funny energy he displayed in his character Barney Stinson of "How I Met Your Mother" and talked about serious stuff such as his career and health.
According to this interview, Neil Patrick, 40 who is already quite slim, had to slim down further for his role in the Broadway Show entitled "Hedwig." His slimmed down physique is quite obvious on this particular Rolling Stone cover. Neil Patrick looked sexier than ever, probably thanks to Terry Richardson too, the renowned photographer who took the photo.
Even though he looks really sexy on this cover, the How I Met You star claims he prefers a little meat on his bones because he feels weak after his transformation for his role in Hedwig.
"I need to eat more. That's becoming apparent. I'm so intent on looking feminine, on changing my silhouette. But I'm running out of energy, and it's affecting my mood," shared NPH.
While he looks great, it is refreshing to see an actor who's willing to say that he does not feel okay with his transformation. It is important for an actor to prioritize his overall health and well-being too, even if a role demands something else.
Aside from his health, Neil Patrick Harris also shared some views on his career and why he became successful. His role as the womaziner, Barney Stinson in "How I Met Your Mother" is now considered legendary. For him, being gay did not hurt his career at all. He thinks coming out improved his career.
"Once all the cards were on the table, I got more opportunities than ever," Neil tells Rolling Stone. "Some actors don't get hired because you can't look into their soul and see what they're like, because they're kept guarded."
Seeing how dedicated he is to his craft, being gay naturally will not hurt him as an actor.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date