Samsung Galaxy Tab S to Feature AMOLED Display And Fingerprint Scanner
By Naveena Joy | May 8, 2014 1:33 PM EST
A man walks out of Samsung Electronics' headquarters in Seoul January 6, 2014.
SamMobile said Galaxy Tab S is available in two display sizes, 8.4-inch and 10.5-inch. Both devices come with a stunning feature, WQXGA AMOLED display with a 2560 x 1600 resolution. This will be the first tablet to offer a high resolution display. Previous devices have offered this resolution, but featured an LCD panel.
The report added Samsung will once again feature a fingerprint scanner, integrated inside the tablet's home button as found on the recently launched Samsung Galaxy S5. It will also have a fingerprint unlock, paypal payments, private folder and Samsung app login. The fingerprint scanner is familiar in almost all the high-end devices, but Samsung will be the first company to install it inside a tablet.
Other specifications of Samsung Galaxy Tab S include:
- Octa-core Exynos 5 (5420) featuring four 1.9 GHz Cortex-A15 cores, and four 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7 cores - 6-core ARM Mali-T628 GPU clocked at 533 MHz
- 3 GB of 32-bit dual-channel 933 MHz LPDDR3e RAM
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat out of the box
- 8MP (3264 × 2448) camera with 1080p full HD video recording / 2.1 MP (1920 × 1080) front-facing camera
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE/ANT+, GPS, DLNA, Wi-Fi ac
- GLONASS and an IR blaster
- Perforated "leather" design ala Samsung Galaxy S5
The design of the Galaxy Tab S will be similar to Galaxy Tab 4. It is also rumored that Tab S will have a perforated pattern on its back cover with two proprietary connectors. Samsung is still working on Tab S's new flip covers. Samsung Galaxy Tab S will have some phenomenal performance as the source added screenshots showing Antutu score of 35, 268 points by the device.
To contact the editor, e-mail: