Games a Go or No at E3 2014: Deep Silver’s AAA Titles, Need for Speed on Break and EA’s Major Frostbite 3 Game
By Gel Galang | May 8, 2014 1:13 PM EST
Two AAA titles will be coming to the E3 2014 care of Deep Silver, the studio responsible for titles like Saints Row and Dead Island, among others.
B-Ten.com has spotted a tweet from Forbes tech journalist Jason Evangelho stating:
"Deep Silver will have two 'unannounced AAA games' to show us at E3. EXCITE! Any guesses on the titles?"
Given that the head of Deep Silver U.S. branch has retweeted the post, it seems that the tease is a legit one. Now. it's time to start rolling out guesses as to which titles these will be, though there's a big possibility that it will be Saints Row 5. A report back in December had put voice actor Jay Mohr in the spotlight for a tweet suggesting that he is back to work on the next installment of the franchise. According to GameRant, Mohr had tweeted a photo of the recording booth, hinting possible ongoing work.
Which two Deep Silver titles do you think will make it to E3 2014?
Need for Speed's next game will be in 2015
Not every annually released game will be present at the E3 2014 though. For this year, EA's Need for Speed will be skipping an unveiling and a release, confirms Marcus Nilsson from developer Ghost Games.
This was announced at the post-earnings release conference call. VG 24/7 reports that EA had decided to give the developer an entire year to get in the drawing board with Need for Speed.
But instead of the developer being cooped up for a year in development, the Need for Speed community will be tapped to create an innovative game that fans will love.
"We've made the decision to not release a Need for Speed in 2014, so we can work towards a highly innovative Need for Speed in 2015. An experience built on a foundation we know you'll greatly look forward to," said Nilsson in a statement quoted by VG 24/7.
"We want your input on future gameplay and features we know you're passionate about. We will keep innovating, always making sure to continue the celebration of cars and the joy they bring."
Frostbite 3 to find its way to E3
Though Need for Speed will be a no-go, EA is not going to miss the chance to impress at E3, as it's preparing for the reveal of a new game that will make use of the Frostbite 3 Engine.
'IF you don't have a Battlefield in a year, you've got a hole there that you have to fill. The way we're filling that hole is essentially new titles along the lines of FIFA: World Cup, UFC, a golf game, The Sims, and Dragon Age," said Blake Jorgensen, EA CFO to GameSpot. "I would say that fills about two-thirds of the hole and the rest of the hole we would assume is being filled by this new, unannounced game."
The statement itself is interesting, as it's pretty much an assurance that there won't be a Battlefield game for 2014. Then again, the bugs are still pretty much rampant throughout the game, so perfecting Battlefield 4 as a title may still be top priority.
Aside from the new Frostbite 3 engine-based game, it seems that E3 2014 will also be a platform for EA to announce at least six projects that it's currently working on over at EA, with an emphasis on the games having a foundation on innovation and creativity.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- The Release of Xperia Z3 is Nearing Sony Slashes Price of the Xperia Z2 by $200
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- The Best Smartphones Yet To Release in 2014
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- Xiaomi Mi4 v. Moto X (2014) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown