Games a Go or No at E3 2014: Deep Silver’s AAA Titles, Need for Speed on Break and EA’s Major Frostbite 3 Game
By Gel Galang | May 8, 2014 1:13 PM EST
Two AAA titles will be coming to the E3 2014 care of Deep Silver, the studio responsible for titles like Saints Row and Dead Island, among others.
B-Ten.com has spotted a tweet from Forbes tech journalist Jason Evangelho stating:
"Deep Silver will have two 'unannounced AAA games' to show us at E3. EXCITE! Any guesses on the titles?"
Given that the head of Deep Silver U.S. branch has retweeted the post, it seems that the tease is a legit one. Now. it's time to start rolling out guesses as to which titles these will be, though there's a big possibility that it will be Saints Row 5. A report back in December had put voice actor Jay Mohr in the spotlight for a tweet suggesting that he is back to work on the next installment of the franchise. According to GameRant, Mohr had tweeted a photo of the recording booth, hinting possible ongoing work.
Which two Deep Silver titles do you think will make it to E3 2014?
Need for Speed's next game will be in 2015
Not every annually released game will be present at the E3 2014 though. For this year, EA's Need for Speed will be skipping an unveiling and a release, confirms Marcus Nilsson from developer Ghost Games.
This was announced at the post-earnings release conference call. VG 24/7 reports that EA had decided to give the developer an entire year to get in the drawing board with Need for Speed.
But instead of the developer being cooped up for a year in development, the Need for Speed community will be tapped to create an innovative game that fans will love.
"We've made the decision to not release a Need for Speed in 2014, so we can work towards a highly innovative Need for Speed in 2015. An experience built on a foundation we know you'll greatly look forward to," said Nilsson in a statement quoted by VG 24/7.
"We want your input on future gameplay and features we know you're passionate about. We will keep innovating, always making sure to continue the celebration of cars and the joy they bring."
Frostbite 3 to find its way to E3
Though Need for Speed will be a no-go, EA is not going to miss the chance to impress at E3, as it's preparing for the reveal of a new game that will make use of the Frostbite 3 Engine.
'IF you don't have a Battlefield in a year, you've got a hole there that you have to fill. The way we're filling that hole is essentially new titles along the lines of FIFA: World Cup, UFC, a golf game, The Sims, and Dragon Age," said Blake Jorgensen, EA CFO to GameSpot. "I would say that fills about two-thirds of the hole and the rest of the hole we would assume is being filled by this new, unannounced game."
The statement itself is interesting, as it's pretty much an assurance that there won't be a Battlefield game for 2014. Then again, the bugs are still pretty much rampant throughout the game, so perfecting Battlefield 4 as a title may still be top priority.
Aside from the new Frostbite 3 engine-based game, it seems that E3 2014 will also be a platform for EA to announce at least six projects that it's currently working on over at EA, with an emphasis on the games having a foundation on innovation and creativity.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports