Pokemon News: Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire Release Date Announced, New Nintendo Trademarks Spotted
By Gel Galang | May 8, 2014 12:22 PM EST
Pokemon X and Y is already past its prime with the six-month marker since its release back in October 2013, so it's almost time for news to start coming out about the next game release for 2014.
The Pokemon Company has recently announced that the next games will be Pokemon Omega Ruby and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. Over at the official Pokemon Web site, it was announced that the "epic adventure" for the revamped versions of the Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Sapphire, which first debuted in 2003 for the Game Boy Advance,
"Now a whole new generation of Pokemon fans will experience the dramatic storyline that unfolds in the Pokemon Omega Ruby and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire," said The Pokemon Company via the official web site.
There hasn't been much by way of details, but at least gamers can expect the game to debut by November 2014 worldwide.
More Mega Evolutions and new worlds
Despite frustratingly lack of detail even in the release trailer of Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, Game Informer has picked up on a few details, particularly concerning the cover art of the games.
The Pokemons Groudon and Kyogre are featured on the cover but looking a little different than previously shown. These two new designs are assumed to be the Mega Evolutions of the two Pokemons, which can add an interesting spin to what the trailer claims to be a whole new epic world and story.
Even as a remake, The Pokemon Company may be looking at giving Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire the same treatment as it did to its previous remakes--by adding loads of content compared to the original game.
The reveal trailer highlights this by mentioning a new adventure and an epic world waiting for the player. It's also a kind of wish fulfillment for some fans, who have been wanting a remake or at least a revisiting of the Hoenn region, so much so that some have looked for clues in the previous Pokemon X and Y installment.
There have been references made in Pokemon X and Y about the Hoenn region, and with tidbits of travel to regions. Though there is currently no hint about the mechanics of the new Hoenn or the revamped Ruby and Sapphire, there still exists the possibility of stretching the world of Pokemon X and Y towards the new game.
A new trademark spotted?
Apart from the announcement of the Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, The Pokemon Commpany has also been spotted with new trademark applications.
The report comes from Serebii, trusted source for anything related to Pokemon, which hails back to the two trademarks that the company has made back in 2013 in North America. These are Pokken Fighters and Pokken Tournament.
When the trademark was filed, there has been no mention of what they were supposed to be, and they weren't pursued during the height of the Pokemon X and Y fever. It seems that the two trademarks were also registered by The Pokemon Company, this time in Europe, though there are still no indications as to what the two trademarks will be for.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How