‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Fan Favourite Matt Bomer Opens Up About Secret Marriage with Simon Halls
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 8, 2014 12:22 PM EST
Matt Bomer may not be gracing the credits of "Fifty Shades of Grey" but he sure has a lot of things going on him, including a role in Ryan Murphy's drama series "The Normal Heart" and a marriage with Simon Halls that the media has been feasting on since the actor revealed late in April that he's been married for three years.
Matt Bomer, for the first time, opened up on his secret marriage with Simon Halls, who he first admitted in an interview with Details magazine's May issue as the person he got married to a year before he revealed he was gay.
"It [secret wedding] was very chill," Matt Bomer revealed in an interview with Out for the magazine's June-July issue. "Very small -- only our nearest and dearest."
According to The Normal Heart actor, there was security to the wedding, which he explained as "a validity of knowing" that the wedding held has been "legal."
"It's hard to put into words. It's just a feeling, I guess - something about saying vows in front the people around you who love and support you. I think it was good for our family," the Fifty Shades of Grey fan favourite further explained.
Matt Bomer has three kids -- Kit, Henry and Walker -- and ccording to The Normal Heart actor, he felt a "responsibility" to them and to Simon Halls "to be able to live with integrity and not have some strange split psychology" concerning who the actor is at home and who the actor is to the public.
The 36-year-old "White Collar" star has come out in 2012, but the news did not appear to lessen his fans' support for his career. In fact, a petition was made for him to star in the movie adaptation of the E.L. James novel Fifty Shades of Grey, which according to a 2013 Variety report had made 89,391 fans signing for him.
The petition did not do much except made proof that Matt Bomer is a well-loved actor and a Fifty Shades fan favourite, because in the end Irish actor Jamie Dornan got the Christian Grey role. However, Bomer still continues to satisfy fans as he is set to act as a gay activist raising HIV and AIDS awareness in HBO's television movie series The Normal Heart, premiering on May 25 in the U.S.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier