‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Fan Favourite Matt Bomer Opens Up About Secret Marriage with Simon Halls
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 8, 2014 12:22 PM EST
Matt Bomer may not be gracing the credits of "Fifty Shades of Grey" but he sure has a lot of things going on him, including a role in Ryan Murphy's drama series "The Normal Heart" and a marriage with Simon Halls that the media has been feasting on since the actor revealed late in April that he's been married for three years.
Matt Bomer, for the first time, opened up on his secret marriage with Simon Halls, who he first admitted in an interview with Details magazine's May issue as the person he got married to a year before he revealed he was gay.
"It [secret wedding] was very chill," Matt Bomer revealed in an interview with Out for the magazine's June-July issue. "Very small -- only our nearest and dearest."
According to The Normal Heart actor, there was security to the wedding, which he explained as "a validity of knowing" that the wedding held has been "legal."
"It's hard to put into words. It's just a feeling, I guess - something about saying vows in front the people around you who love and support you. I think it was good for our family," the Fifty Shades of Grey fan favourite further explained.
Matt Bomer has three kids -- Kit, Henry and Walker -- and ccording to The Normal Heart actor, he felt a "responsibility" to them and to Simon Halls "to be able to live with integrity and not have some strange split psychology" concerning who the actor is at home and who the actor is to the public.
The 36-year-old "White Collar" star has come out in 2012, but the news did not appear to lessen his fans' support for his career. In fact, a petition was made for him to star in the movie adaptation of the E.L. James novel Fifty Shades of Grey, which according to a 2013 Variety report had made 89,391 fans signing for him.
The petition did not do much except made proof that Matt Bomer is a well-loved actor and a Fifty Shades fan favourite, because in the end Irish actor Jamie Dornan got the Christian Grey role. However, Bomer still continues to satisfy fans as he is set to act as a gay activist raising HIV and AIDS awareness in HBO's television movie series The Normal Heart, premiering on May 25 in the U.S.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet