‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Fan Favourite Matt Bomer Opens Up About Secret Marriage with Simon Halls
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 8, 2014 12:22 PM EST
Matt Bomer may not be gracing the credits of "Fifty Shades of Grey" but he sure has a lot of things going on him, including a role in Ryan Murphy's drama series "The Normal Heart" and a marriage with Simon Halls that the media has been feasting on since the actor revealed late in April that he's been married for three years.
Matt Bomer, for the first time, opened up on his secret marriage with Simon Halls, who he first admitted in an interview with Details magazine's May issue as the person he got married to a year before he revealed he was gay.
"It [secret wedding] was very chill," Matt Bomer revealed in an interview with Out for the magazine's June-July issue. "Very small -- only our nearest and dearest."
According to The Normal Heart actor, there was security to the wedding, which he explained as "a validity of knowing" that the wedding held has been "legal."
"It's hard to put into words. It's just a feeling, I guess - something about saying vows in front the people around you who love and support you. I think it was good for our family," the Fifty Shades of Grey fan favourite further explained.
Matt Bomer has three kids -- Kit, Henry and Walker -- and ccording to The Normal Heart actor, he felt a "responsibility" to them and to Simon Halls "to be able to live with integrity and not have some strange split psychology" concerning who the actor is at home and who the actor is to the public.
The 36-year-old "White Collar" star has come out in 2012, but the news did not appear to lessen his fans' support for his career. In fact, a petition was made for him to star in the movie adaptation of the E.L. James novel Fifty Shades of Grey, which according to a 2013 Variety report had made 89,391 fans signing for him.
The petition did not do much except made proof that Matt Bomer is a well-loved actor and a Fifty Shades fan favourite, because in the end Irish actor Jamie Dornan got the Christian Grey role. However, Bomer still continues to satisfy fans as he is set to act as a gay activist raising HIV and AIDS awareness in HBO's television movie series The Normal Heart, premiering on May 25 in the U.S.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World