Boxing News 2014: Floyd Mayweather Includes Bolton in England Leg of World Tour, Fueling Speculations He Will Finally Fight Amir Khan
By Vittorio Hernandez | May 8, 2014 9:16 AM EST
While WBC and WBA welterweight title holder Floyd Mayweather Jr has taken the challenge of his last ring opponent, Argentinean boxer Marcos Maidana, for a rematch possibly in September, Money May appears to be hinting that he would also take the dare of British pugilist Amir Khan.
Floyd Mayweather Jr. of the U.S. celebrates his majority decision victory over Marcos Maidana of Argentina in their WBC/WBA welterweight unification fight at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, May 3, 2014. Mayweather improved his record to 46-0. REUTERS/R. Marsh Starks (UNITED STATES - Tags: SPORT BOXING)
Khan was believed to be the original foe of Mayweather in the May 3 bout, but even if the native of Bolton won in an online survey, Money May still picked Maidana to the dismay of Khan.
However, speculations that he would finally fight Khan surfaced after Mayweather included Bolton, Khan's hometown, as one of the six venues of the England leg of the pound-for-pound king's world tour.
He is scheduled to attend the sportsman's dinner - which costs £200 per head - to be held on June 23, Monday, at the Reebok Stadium, the home of the Bolton Wanderers. The Bolton invitation was arranged by British businessman Spencer Brown.
Khan is a Bolton Wanderer fan, which is an indicator he would likely attend the dinner, which includes a Q&A portion.
The British boxer said that Mayweather has assured him he is on Money May's list. He indicated he would be ready to face Mayweather in late October because the original September date eyed by Money May is too close to Ramadan which ends in July.
Khan, a Muslim, said he would need three months training before he could face Mayweather in his dream bout.
Money May, however, has remain silent on former boxing heavyweight champion Muhammad Ali's dare for him to rumble with Manny Pacquiao.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- DeMarcus Cousins, Omar Casspi Lift Undermanned Sacramento Kings Over New Orleans Pelicans, 99-89
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast