'Transformers 4: Age of Extinction' Update: Michael Bay Freaked Out by Mark Wahlberg's 60 Pound Weight Loss for 'Gambler' Remake
By Sonalee singh | May 8, 2014 7:27 AM EST
"Transformers 4: Age of Extinction" is all set for to release next month. The fourth sequel in the Transformers universe stars Mark Wahlberg, Nicola Peltz, Stanely Tucci, T.J Miller, Sophia Myles and other.
Wahlberg who plays Cade Yeager in the film recently sat down for an interview with LA times to talk about his being in the sequel and how director Michael Bay was shocked to see his physique.
Apparently, while filming for "Transformers 4", Wahlberg has started prepping up for his role in the remake of the 1974 film "Gambler" and to fit in the character he had to loose 60 pounds. So when Mark came back to do some pick up shots for "Transformers 4". Bay was in shock to see the actor's super thin frame.
"I had to come back for some pick-up shots," Wahlberg said. "So when Bay saw me, he freaked. He was used to seeing me on the healthier side. But here I am skinny with long, stringy hair. He was like, 'You can't look like that!'
Wahlberg further said that he has put his experience from "Ted" movie into "Transformers 4". In "Ted" John Bennett's (Mark Wahlberg) Teddy Bear comes to life. The movie has apparently given him the basic understanding of working with imaginary characters.
"Ted was definitely a good warmup," Wahlberg said. "With Ted, it was a more intimate setting. But this movie is much bigger and more intense. You've got eight Autobots talking to you at the same time. There's nothing but a pole or a stick really there. You've got to believe and totally commit. The most difficult part of acting is when you look ridiculous and have to confront the risk of looking foolish. You've got to be on the whole time. You can't phone it in."
Mark further emphasized on the fact that though people think Transformers 4 is sequel, but it is more of a stand alone movie.
"Some people think of this as a sequel. We thought of it more as a stand-alone thing. I've never done a sequel, " explained Wahlberg further.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- ‘Star Wars’ 7 Plot Leak: Chrome Stormtrooper Commander and Trooper May Guard The New Villain
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown