'Transformers 4: Age of Extinction' Update: Michael Bay Freaked Out by Mark Wahlberg's 60 Pound Weight Loss for 'Gambler' Remake
By Sonalee singh | May 8, 2014 7:27 AM EST
"Transformers 4: Age of Extinction" is all set for to release next month. The fourth sequel in the Transformers universe stars Mark Wahlberg, Nicola Peltz, Stanely Tucci, T.J Miller, Sophia Myles and other.
Wahlberg who plays Cade Yeager in the film recently sat down for an interview with LA times to talk about his being in the sequel and how director Michael Bay was shocked to see his physique.
Apparently, while filming for "Transformers 4", Wahlberg has started prepping up for his role in the remake of the 1974 film "Gambler" and to fit in the character he had to loose 60 pounds. So when Mark came back to do some pick up shots for "Transformers 4". Bay was in shock to see the actor's super thin frame.
"I had to come back for some pick-up shots," Wahlberg said. "So when Bay saw me, he freaked. He was used to seeing me on the healthier side. But here I am skinny with long, stringy hair. He was like, 'You can't look like that!'
Wahlberg further said that he has put his experience from "Ted" movie into "Transformers 4". In "Ted" John Bennett's (Mark Wahlberg) Teddy Bear comes to life. The movie has apparently given him the basic understanding of working with imaginary characters.
"Ted was definitely a good warmup," Wahlberg said. "With Ted, it was a more intimate setting. But this movie is much bigger and more intense. You've got eight Autobots talking to you at the same time. There's nothing but a pole or a stick really there. You've got to believe and totally commit. The most difficult part of acting is when you look ridiculous and have to confront the risk of looking foolish. You've got to be on the whole time. You can't phone it in."
Mark further emphasized on the fact that though people think Transformers 4 is sequel, but it is more of a stand alone movie.
"Some people think of this as a sequel. We thought of it more as a stand-alone thing. I've never done a sequel, " explained Wahlberg further.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery