'Transformers 4: Age of Extinction' Update: Michael Bay Freaked Out by Mark Wahlberg's 60 Pound Weight Loss for 'Gambler' Remake
By Sonalee singh | May 8, 2014 7:27 AM EST
"Transformers 4: Age of Extinction" is all set for to release next month. The fourth sequel in the Transformers universe stars Mark Wahlberg, Nicola Peltz, Stanely Tucci, T.J Miller, Sophia Myles and other.
Wahlberg who plays Cade Yeager in the film recently sat down for an interview with LA times to talk about his being in the sequel and how director Michael Bay was shocked to see his physique.
Apparently, while filming for "Transformers 4", Wahlberg has started prepping up for his role in the remake of the 1974 film "Gambler" and to fit in the character he had to loose 60 pounds. So when Mark came back to do some pick up shots for "Transformers 4". Bay was in shock to see the actor's super thin frame.
"I had to come back for some pick-up shots," Wahlberg said. "So when Bay saw me, he freaked. He was used to seeing me on the healthier side. But here I am skinny with long, stringy hair. He was like, 'You can't look like that!'
Wahlberg further said that he has put his experience from "Ted" movie into "Transformers 4". In "Ted" John Bennett's (Mark Wahlberg) Teddy Bear comes to life. The movie has apparently given him the basic understanding of working with imaginary characters.
"Ted was definitely a good warmup," Wahlberg said. "With Ted, it was a more intimate setting. But this movie is much bigger and more intense. You've got eight Autobots talking to you at the same time. There's nothing but a pole or a stick really there. You've got to believe and totally commit. The most difficult part of acting is when you look ridiculous and have to confront the risk of looking foolish. You've got to be on the whole time. You can't phone it in."
Mark further emphasized on the fact that though people think Transformers 4 is sequel, but it is more of a stand alone movie.
"Some people think of this as a sequel. We thought of it more as a stand-alone thing. I've never done a sequel, " explained Wahlberg further.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Plot Update: Ludacris Reveals Paul Walker's Old Photo, Vin Diesel Shares A Photo Of Himself In Car
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand