'Transformers 4: Age of Extinction' Update: Michael Bay Freaked Out by Mark Wahlberg's 60 Pound Weight Loss for 'Gambler' Remake
By Sonalee singh | May 8, 2014 7:27 AM EST
"Transformers 4: Age of Extinction" is all set for to release next month. The fourth sequel in the Transformers universe stars Mark Wahlberg, Nicola Peltz, Stanely Tucci, T.J Miller, Sophia Myles and other.
Wahlberg who plays Cade Yeager in the film recently sat down for an interview with LA times to talk about his being in the sequel and how director Michael Bay was shocked to see his physique.
Apparently, while filming for "Transformers 4", Wahlberg has started prepping up for his role in the remake of the 1974 film "Gambler" and to fit in the character he had to loose 60 pounds. So when Mark came back to do some pick up shots for "Transformers 4". Bay was in shock to see the actor's super thin frame.
"I had to come back for some pick-up shots," Wahlberg said. "So when Bay saw me, he freaked. He was used to seeing me on the healthier side. But here I am skinny with long, stringy hair. He was like, 'You can't look like that!'
Wahlberg further said that he has put his experience from "Ted" movie into "Transformers 4". In "Ted" John Bennett's (Mark Wahlberg) Teddy Bear comes to life. The movie has apparently given him the basic understanding of working with imaginary characters.
"Ted was definitely a good warmup," Wahlberg said. "With Ted, it was a more intimate setting. But this movie is much bigger and more intense. You've got eight Autobots talking to you at the same time. There's nothing but a pole or a stick really there. You've got to believe and totally commit. The most difficult part of acting is when you look ridiculous and have to confront the risk of looking foolish. You've got to be on the whole time. You can't phone it in."
Mark further emphasized on the fact that though people think Transformers 4 is sequel, but it is more of a stand alone movie.
"Some people think of this as a sequel. We thought of it more as a stand-alone thing. I've never done a sequel, " explained Wahlberg further.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports