Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners to Dole Out £35million for Barcelona Playmaker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 8, 2014 4:36 AM EST
Arsenal will be spending £35million to try to recapture ex-skipper Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona in the upcoming transfer period.
Arsenal are willing to dole out £35million to recapture ex-Gunners skipper and Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas
The Spanish playmaker, who left the Emirates in 2011 to wear the famous blue and red-striped shirt, has seen his first-team involvement diminished significantly in the past month, playing off the bench or being replaced early in matches.
Nevertheless, Arsene Wenger still has faith in the 27-year-old, who, from a skimpy La Masia graduate in 2003, developed into a world-class player right before his eyes.
Fabregas still has the numbers to back his top-quality status, tallying 13 goals and 22 assists in all competitions for the Catalan outfit.
However, the aforesaid predicament plus Barca's instability of late might compel him to move back to a side where he is and has been comfortable.
The north Londoners are fighting controversies of their own as regards the managerial spot, but Gunners boss Arsene Wenger recently made an assurance that he will not be leaving anytime soon.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage