Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners to Dole Out £35million for Barcelona Playmaker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 8, 2014 4:36 AM EST
Arsenal will be spending £35million to try to recapture ex-skipper Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona in the upcoming transfer period.
Arsenal are willing to dole out £35million to recapture ex-Gunners skipper and Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas
The Spanish playmaker, who left the Emirates in 2011 to wear the famous blue and red-striped shirt, has seen his first-team involvement diminished significantly in the past month, playing off the bench or being replaced early in matches.
Nevertheless, Arsene Wenger still has faith in the 27-year-old, who, from a skimpy La Masia graduate in 2003, developed into a world-class player right before his eyes.
Fabregas still has the numbers to back his top-quality status, tallying 13 goals and 22 assists in all competitions for the Catalan outfit.
However, the aforesaid predicament plus Barca's instability of late might compel him to move back to a side where he is and has been comfortable.
The north Londoners are fighting controversies of their own as regards the managerial spot, but Gunners boss Arsene Wenger recently made an assurance that he will not be leaving anytime soon.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Manchester United Owners Set To Sell Club In £3B Deal After Acquiring Cristiano Ronaldo, Report Says
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes