Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners to Dole Out £35million for Barcelona Playmaker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 8, 2014 4:36 AM EST
Arsenal will be spending £35million to try to recapture ex-skipper Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona in the upcoming transfer period.
Arsenal are willing to dole out £35million to recapture ex-Gunners skipper and Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas
The Spanish playmaker, who left the Emirates in 2011 to wear the famous blue and red-striped shirt, has seen his first-team involvement diminished significantly in the past month, playing off the bench or being replaced early in matches.
Nevertheless, Arsene Wenger still has faith in the 27-year-old, who, from a skimpy La Masia graduate in 2003, developed into a world-class player right before his eyes.
Fabregas still has the numbers to back his top-quality status, tallying 13 goals and 22 assists in all competitions for the Catalan outfit.
However, the aforesaid predicament plus Barca's instability of late might compel him to move back to a side where he is and has been comfortable.
The north Londoners are fighting controversies of their own as regards the managerial spot, but Gunners boss Arsene Wenger recently made an assurance that he will not be leaving anytime soon.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan