Chelsea FC Transfer News: £35million-Lure for Unsettled Madrid Midfielder Readied by Blues
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 8, 2014 3:47 AM EST
Chelsea are set to lure Real Madrid to sell their unsettled holding midfielder Sami Khedira as he struggles for game-time after recovering from a knee injury.
Chelsea plots £35million move for unsettled Real Madrid holding midfielder Sami Khedira
Football News: Beautiful Boss for the 'Beautiful Game' as Ligue 2 Side Clermont Foot Shockingly Appoints Female Manager
The German international ruptured a cruciate ligament back in Novermber but has since recovered and was seen on the bench for the first time last Sunday when the Los Blancos took on Valencia in the La Liga.
While it may be too early to rule out the 27-year-old's involvement in Carlo Ancelloti's future plans, the emergence of Asier Illaramendi as a dependable second-stringer, with Xabi Alonso and Luka Modric's stability at the base of midfield, casts doubt as to whether he will still be able to stay on the pitch for 90 minutes on a consistent basis.
Blues boss Jose Mourinho is still an admirer of the imposing defensive specialist, who thrived during the former's reign at the Bernabeu, and is suggested to take £35million from the Stamford Bridge coffer to bring in Khedira this summer.
The former Stuttgart man will be able to maximise his absence from the World Cup this coming June to try to negotiate to a club that could assure him a regular starting role.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia