Chelsea FC Transfer News: £35million-Lure for Unsettled Madrid Midfielder Readied by Blues
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 8, 2014 3:47 AM EST
Chelsea are set to lure Real Madrid to sell their unsettled holding midfielder Sami Khedira as he struggles for game-time after recovering from a knee injury.
Chelsea plots £35million move for unsettled Real Madrid holding midfielder Sami Khedira
Football News: Beautiful Boss for the 'Beautiful Game' as Ligue 2 Side Clermont Foot Shockingly Appoints Female Manager
The German international ruptured a cruciate ligament back in Novermber but has since recovered and was seen on the bench for the first time last Sunday when the Los Blancos took on Valencia in the La Liga.
While it may be too early to rule out the 27-year-old's involvement in Carlo Ancelloti's future plans, the emergence of Asier Illaramendi as a dependable second-stringer, with Xabi Alonso and Luka Modric's stability at the base of midfield, casts doubt as to whether he will still be able to stay on the pitch for 90 minutes on a consistent basis.
Blues boss Jose Mourinho is still an admirer of the imposing defensive specialist, who thrived during the former's reign at the Bernabeu, and is suggested to take £35million from the Stamford Bridge coffer to bring in Khedira this summer.
The former Stuttgart man will be able to maximise his absence from the World Cup this coming June to try to negotiate to a club that could assure him a regular starting role.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate