Chelsea FC Transfer News: £35million-Lure for Unsettled Madrid Midfielder Readied by Blues
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 8, 2014 3:47 AM EST
Chelsea are set to lure Real Madrid to sell their unsettled holding midfielder Sami Khedira as he struggles for game-time after recovering from a knee injury.
Chelsea plots £35million move for unsettled Real Madrid holding midfielder Sami Khedira
Football News: Beautiful Boss for the 'Beautiful Game' as Ligue 2 Side Clermont Foot Shockingly Appoints Female Manager
The German international ruptured a cruciate ligament back in Novermber but has since recovered and was seen on the bench for the first time last Sunday when the Los Blancos took on Valencia in the La Liga.
While it may be too early to rule out the 27-year-old's involvement in Carlo Ancelloti's future plans, the emergence of Asier Illaramendi as a dependable second-stringer, with Xabi Alonso and Luka Modric's stability at the base of midfield, casts doubt as to whether he will still be able to stay on the pitch for 90 minutes on a consistent basis.
Blues boss Jose Mourinho is still an admirer of the imposing defensive specialist, who thrived during the former's reign at the Bernabeu, and is suggested to take £35million from the Stamford Bridge coffer to bring in Khedira this summer.
The former Stuttgart man will be able to maximise his absence from the World Cup this coming June to try to negotiate to a club that could assure him a regular starting role.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510