Watch NBA Playoffs Round 2: Washington Wizards v Indiana Pacers Game 2 Live Streaming Information
By Tarish Bhat | May 8, 2014 2:19 AM EST
The Indiana Pacers need to rethink their strategy after going down in the first game of the Eastern Conference semifinals to the Washington Wizards. The 102-96 scoreline looks rather close, but it wasn't the case with the Wizards running away with the game in the first half.
Indiana Pacers Roy Hibbert battles for loose ball against Washington Wizards Marcin Gortat. Reuters
In Game 1, Washington looked in great shape and scored a number of three-pointers to increase their lead. Bradley Beal in particular played a crucial role in extending the Wizards' lead with his long-rangers. The Pacers have to find a way to stop the Wizards, especially long-range sharpshooters Trevor Ariza and Beal.
All-star Roy Hibbert is clearly out of form and hasn't been able to produce anything spectacular for the Pacers, but he needs to show a lot more intent in the second game to keep his team in the contest.
"We tell Roy all the time how much we're going to need him in this series and this playoff run," Paul George said. "You know it's up to Roy to just come through and deliver for us."
Hibbert, who faced foul trouble early in the first game, ended without any points or rebounds in the losing cause. However, the 27-year-old is hopeful of putting up an impressive outing in the all-important second game.
"I'll just try to be a little more aggressive on both ends and just not be content with letting their guards and forwards get defensive rebounds," Hibbert said. "I've got to do a good job putting a body on Nene and [Marcin] Gortat, so I'm just going to go out there and pursue."
Indiana coach Frank Vogel is convinced Hibbert will be more effective in the upcoming game and help them even the series.
"I think mentally he wants to do more," Vogel said. "He's giving maximum effort, and he's going to continue to study (film) to see how he can be more productive.
"If Roy Hibbert is on the court," Vogel added, "it's because I think he can help us win the next possession in that stretch of that game and help us win that game."
Washington's Gortat, who had 12 points and 15 rebounds in Game 1, said they won't allow Indiana easy runs in the paint.
"We try to make sure none of their bigs are going to catch the ball in the paint easily, try to make their life a little bit harder and miserable," Gortat said.
Where to Watch Live
The game is scheduled for a 7:00 pm ET (4:30 am IST, 11:00 pm GMT) start with live coverage on TNT in the US and Sony Six and Sony Six HD in India. The game can be watched via live streaming online in the US HERE or HERE. The game can be live streamed by international viewers, including India, HERE.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Whose Life Changed Because of Sexual Abuse and Molestation
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- Khloe Kardashian Sympathetic About Ex-Husband Lamar Odom in Recent Instagram Posts
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People