Watch NBA Playoffs Round 2: Washington Wizards v Indiana Pacers Game 2 Live Streaming Information
By Tarish Bhat | May 8, 2014 2:19 AM EST
The Indiana Pacers need to rethink their strategy after going down in the first game of the Eastern Conference semifinals to the Washington Wizards. The 102-96 scoreline looks rather close, but it wasn't the case with the Wizards running away with the game in the first half.
Indiana Pacers Roy Hibbert battles for loose ball against Washington Wizards Marcin Gortat. Reuters
In Game 1, Washington looked in great shape and scored a number of three-pointers to increase their lead. Bradley Beal in particular played a crucial role in extending the Wizards' lead with his long-rangers. The Pacers have to find a way to stop the Wizards, especially long-range sharpshooters Trevor Ariza and Beal.
All-star Roy Hibbert is clearly out of form and hasn't been able to produce anything spectacular for the Pacers, but he needs to show a lot more intent in the second game to keep his team in the contest.
"We tell Roy all the time how much we're going to need him in this series and this playoff run," Paul George said. "You know it's up to Roy to just come through and deliver for us."
Hibbert, who faced foul trouble early in the first game, ended without any points or rebounds in the losing cause. However, the 27-year-old is hopeful of putting up an impressive outing in the all-important second game.
"I'll just try to be a little more aggressive on both ends and just not be content with letting their guards and forwards get defensive rebounds," Hibbert said. "I've got to do a good job putting a body on Nene and [Marcin] Gortat, so I'm just going to go out there and pursue."
Indiana coach Frank Vogel is convinced Hibbert will be more effective in the upcoming game and help them even the series.
"I think mentally he wants to do more," Vogel said. "He's giving maximum effort, and he's going to continue to study (film) to see how he can be more productive.
"If Roy Hibbert is on the court," Vogel added, "it's because I think he can help us win the next possession in that stretch of that game and help us win that game."
Washington's Gortat, who had 12 points and 15 rebounds in Game 1, said they won't allow Indiana easy runs in the paint.
"We try to make sure none of their bigs are going to catch the ball in the paint easily, try to make their life a little bit harder and miserable," Gortat said.
Where to Watch Live
The game is scheduled for a 7:00 pm ET (4:30 am IST, 11:00 pm GMT) start with live coverage on TNT in the US and Sony Six and Sony Six HD in India. The game can be watched via live streaming online in the US HERE or HERE. The game can be live streamed by international viewers, including India, HERE.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date