Nexus 6 Release Date: Google Smartphone Bigger Than Samsung Galaxy Note 4? [VIDEO]
By Raymond Ronamai | May 8, 2014 1:03 AM EST
Even as speculations on the release date of Nexus 6 continue to do the rounds, a new concept design of a Google smartphone has surfaced, suggesting a bigger screen than Samsung's upcoming phablet Galaxy Note 4.
Screenshot from Google website
The upcoming Nexus 6 sports a 5.7-inch 1080p display, according to the concept video by My Gadgetic. The screen display contradicts earlier reports that the device would have a 5.2-inch display. It is even bigger than Samsung Galaxy Note 4, which is expected to have a 5.5-inch super Amoled display with a resolution of 2560x1440.
The device also has features like Polycarbonate body, HTC's iconic Boom Sound Speakers, 12MP camera with OIS (Optical Image Stabilisation), 5MP front camera and dual tone LED Flash, according to the concept video.
Designed in HTC's style, Nexus 6 looks good in the concept image, though some may think a 5.7-inch display is too big. However, the device may sport a 5.2-inch display as reported earlier, when it is released later this year.
Nexus 6, a purported sequel to the much-acclaimed Nexus 5, is rumored to be unveiled at Google's I/O Developers Conference on 25 and 26 June in San Francisco but several reports have suggested that it would arrive only in the second half of the year. Google VP Sundar Pichai had also said at the Mobile World Congress 2014 (MWC 2014) that the device would be announced only in October.
According to reports, the next-generation Nexus smartphone will also come from LG, based on their new flagship device G3, contradicting My Gadgetic's concept image that has an HTC style. It may sport a 5.2-inch full HD curved LCD display, protected by Corning Gorilla Glass, powered by a 64-bit version of its Snapdragon 800-series chipset with 3GB RAM and will run on Android 4.5 Lollypop. It will be waterproof and will house a 3200+ mAh battery.
There are conflicting reports on the camera, with Tech Cocktail claiming that the device would feature a 20MP camera with HDR mode and other stunning graphics, while earlier reports suggested a 13MP main camera and a 5MP front snapper.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]