Nexus 6 Release Date: Google Smartphone Bigger Than Samsung Galaxy Note 4? [VIDEO]
By Raymond Ronamai | May 8, 2014 1:03 AM EST
Even as speculations on the release date of Nexus 6 continue to do the rounds, a new concept design of a Google smartphone has surfaced, suggesting a bigger screen than Samsung's upcoming phablet Galaxy Note 4.
Screenshot from Google website
The upcoming Nexus 6 sports a 5.7-inch 1080p display, according to the concept video by My Gadgetic. The screen display contradicts earlier reports that the device would have a 5.2-inch display. It is even bigger than Samsung Galaxy Note 4, which is expected to have a 5.5-inch super Amoled display with a resolution of 2560x1440.
The device also has features like Polycarbonate body, HTC's iconic Boom Sound Speakers, 12MP camera with OIS (Optical Image Stabilisation), 5MP front camera and dual tone LED Flash, according to the concept video.
Designed in HTC's style, Nexus 6 looks good in the concept image, though some may think a 5.7-inch display is too big. However, the device may sport a 5.2-inch display as reported earlier, when it is released later this year.
Nexus 6, a purported sequel to the much-acclaimed Nexus 5, is rumored to be unveiled at Google's I/O Developers Conference on 25 and 26 June in San Francisco but several reports have suggested that it would arrive only in the second half of the year. Google VP Sundar Pichai had also said at the Mobile World Congress 2014 (MWC 2014) that the device would be announced only in October.
According to reports, the next-generation Nexus smartphone will also come from LG, based on their new flagship device G3, contradicting My Gadgetic's concept image that has an HTC style. It may sport a 5.2-inch full HD curved LCD display, protected by Corning Gorilla Glass, powered by a 64-bit version of its Snapdragon 800-series chipset with 3GB RAM and will run on Android 4.5 Lollypop. It will be waterproof and will house a 3200+ mAh battery.
There are conflicting reports on the camera, with Tech Cocktail claiming that the device would feature a 20MP camera with HDR mode and other stunning graphics, while earlier reports suggested a 13MP main camera and a 5MP front snapper.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists