Nexus 6 Release Date: Google Smartphone Bigger Than Samsung Galaxy Note 4? [VIDEO]
By Raymond Ronamai | May 8, 2014 1:03 AM EST
Even as speculations on the release date of Nexus 6 continue to do the rounds, a new concept design of a Google smartphone has surfaced, suggesting a bigger screen than Samsung's upcoming phablet Galaxy Note 4.
Screenshot from Google website
The upcoming Nexus 6 sports a 5.7-inch 1080p display, according to the concept video by My Gadgetic. The screen display contradicts earlier reports that the device would have a 5.2-inch display. It is even bigger than Samsung Galaxy Note 4, which is expected to have a 5.5-inch super Amoled display with a resolution of 2560x1440.
The device also has features like Polycarbonate body, HTC's iconic Boom Sound Speakers, 12MP camera with OIS (Optical Image Stabilisation), 5MP front camera and dual tone LED Flash, according to the concept video.
Designed in HTC's style, Nexus 6 looks good in the concept image, though some may think a 5.7-inch display is too big. However, the device may sport a 5.2-inch display as reported earlier, when it is released later this year.
Nexus 6, a purported sequel to the much-acclaimed Nexus 5, is rumored to be unveiled at Google's I/O Developers Conference on 25 and 26 June in San Francisco but several reports have suggested that it would arrive only in the second half of the year. Google VP Sundar Pichai had also said at the Mobile World Congress 2014 (MWC 2014) that the device would be announced only in October.
According to reports, the next-generation Nexus smartphone will also come from LG, based on their new flagship device G3, contradicting My Gadgetic's concept image that has an HTC style. It may sport a 5.2-inch full HD curved LCD display, protected by Corning Gorilla Glass, powered by a 64-bit version of its Snapdragon 800-series chipset with 3GB RAM and will run on Android 4.5 Lollypop. It will be waterproof and will house a 3200+ mAh battery.
There are conflicting reports on the camera, with Tech Cocktail claiming that the device would feature a 20MP camera with HDR mode and other stunning graphics, while earlier reports suggested a 13MP main camera and a 5MP front snapper.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report