Nexus 6 Release Date: Google Smartphone Bigger Than Samsung Galaxy Note 4? [VIDEO]
By Raymond Ronamai | May 8, 2014 1:03 AM EST
Even as speculations on the release date of Nexus 6 continue to do the rounds, a new concept design of a Google smartphone has surfaced, suggesting a bigger screen than Samsung's upcoming phablet Galaxy Note 4.
Screenshot from Google website
The upcoming Nexus 6 sports a 5.7-inch 1080p display, according to the concept video by My Gadgetic. The screen display contradicts earlier reports that the device would have a 5.2-inch display. It is even bigger than Samsung Galaxy Note 4, which is expected to have a 5.5-inch super Amoled display with a resolution of 2560x1440.
The device also has features like Polycarbonate body, HTC's iconic Boom Sound Speakers, 12MP camera with OIS (Optical Image Stabilisation), 5MP front camera and dual tone LED Flash, according to the concept video.
Designed in HTC's style, Nexus 6 looks good in the concept image, though some may think a 5.7-inch display is too big. However, the device may sport a 5.2-inch display as reported earlier, when it is released later this year.
Nexus 6, a purported sequel to the much-acclaimed Nexus 5, is rumored to be unveiled at Google's I/O Developers Conference on 25 and 26 June in San Francisco but several reports have suggested that it would arrive only in the second half of the year. Google VP Sundar Pichai had also said at the Mobile World Congress 2014 (MWC 2014) that the device would be announced only in October.
According to reports, the next-generation Nexus smartphone will also come from LG, based on their new flagship device G3, contradicting My Gadgetic's concept image that has an HTC style. It may sport a 5.2-inch full HD curved LCD display, protected by Corning Gorilla Glass, powered by a 64-bit version of its Snapdragon 800-series chipset with 3GB RAM and will run on Android 4.5 Lollypop. It will be waterproof and will house a 3200+ mAh battery.
There are conflicting reports on the camera, with Tech Cocktail claiming that the device would feature a 20MP camera with HDR mode and other stunning graphics, while earlier reports suggested a 13MP main camera and a 5MP front snapper.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon