Flappy Bird Inspires Angry Birds Developers to Make New Mobile Game - Retry [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | May 8, 2014 12:54 AM EST
Flappy Bird reached the zenith of its popularity, and though the game has now been removed, it definitely has inspired scores of other video games. Post removal of the game, Google Store and iTunes Store were filled with games similar in Flappy Bird gameplay, known as clones.
The latest to draw inspiration from Flappy Bird is Rovio, the Finnish developer of popular game Angry Birds, who has now launched a new game titled Retry.
Retry, which is currently available only for iOS users, will bring back the addictive gameplay of Flappy Bird, along with its difficulty and 8-bit graphics.
Players will be controlling a small plane, which has to be navigated, without coming in contact with any obstacles on its way. The game has different variety of obstacles which the player will have to evade by performing loops, and thus manoeuvring the plane. In order to gain some mastery over the game, players will have to have a command over the loops.
The developer explains in the product page that the game will be directly be linked to social networking websites, and is meant for players who are 13 and above. Players will also be able to make in-app purchases. On the game's difficulty, Rovio says: "It's called Retry for a reason!"
The game is free to play and will include commercial content. The game is only for iOS devices at the moment, though the developers have promised it will be launched on other platforms too.
Flappy Bird too was an 8-bit game that reached unexpected heights with Vietnamese developer Dong Nguyen taking it off the stores after it created problems, and abuses were traded by players on Twitter. But the main reason for its removal was its addictiveness that did not allow players to carry out their normal work.
Retry game can be downloaded here for iOS devices.
(YouTube Courtesy: RovioMobile) (Ed: VP)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation