Flappy Bird Inspires Angry Birds Developers to Make New Mobile Game - Retry [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | May 8, 2014 12:54 AM EST
Flappy Bird reached the zenith of its popularity, and though the game has now been removed, it definitely has inspired scores of other video games. Post removal of the game, Google Store and iTunes Store were filled with games similar in Flappy Bird gameplay, known as clones.
The latest to draw inspiration from Flappy Bird is Rovio, the Finnish developer of popular game Angry Birds, who has now launched a new game titled Retry.
Retry, which is currently available only for iOS users, will bring back the addictive gameplay of Flappy Bird, along with its difficulty and 8-bit graphics.
Players will be controlling a small plane, which has to be navigated, without coming in contact with any obstacles on its way. The game has different variety of obstacles which the player will have to evade by performing loops, and thus manoeuvring the plane. In order to gain some mastery over the game, players will have to have a command over the loops.
The developer explains in the product page that the game will be directly be linked to social networking websites, and is meant for players who are 13 and above. Players will also be able to make in-app purchases. On the game's difficulty, Rovio says: "It's called Retry for a reason!"
The game is free to play and will include commercial content. The game is only for iOS devices at the moment, though the developers have promised it will be launched on other platforms too.
Flappy Bird too was an 8-bit game that reached unexpected heights with Vietnamese developer Dong Nguyen taking it off the stores after it created problems, and abuses were traded by players on Twitter. But the main reason for its removal was its addictiveness that did not allow players to carry out their normal work.
Retry game can be downloaded here for iOS devices.
(YouTube Courtesy: RovioMobile) (Ed: VP)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ 1.17 Update May Feature Hydra and Army DLC As New Verified Jobs Emerge
- Android 5.0 L Update Forecast For Sony Xperia Z Series, Mid-Range and Low-Cost Devices
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Dragon Age Keep Save Import and Multiplayer Mode Explained
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Verizon on Nationwide Launch of VoLTE
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine