Watch Gambhir and Uthappa Flay DD's Attack: Delhi Daredevils vs Kolkata Knight Riders Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | May 8, 2014 12:24 AM EST
The Kolkata Knight Riders ended their four-match losing streak with a comfortable win over the Delhi Daredevils in their IPL 2014 game at the Feroz Shah Kotla on Wednesday.
Asked to chase down 161, after DD finished on 160 for five in their 20 overs, Gautam Gambhir and Robin Uthappa put on another 100-run partnership, this time in a victory, to ease KKR to the target with ten balls to spare.
Gambhir was the man of the match for his 69 and the KKR skipper was expectedly happy with his and his team's performance, especially after that mammoth collapse against the Rajasthan Royals on Monday when they lost six wickets in two overs to gift the game away.
"After what happened last time we wanted to finish the game off this time around," Gambhir said. "Last game we needed someone to be smart and I'm thankful I did that today.
"Me and Robin were hitting the ball really well, and we wanted to take the pressure off each other without taking too many risks. A good partnership also helps the rest of the batting order as well."
Gambhir started IPL 2014 with a disastrous run of scores, unable to even get off the mark, and the left-hander admitted to being relieved to be in amongst the runs in the last couple of games.
"It feels good to get some runs, as before I couldn't get any. I was smiling outside, but I was anxious, so it feels great and it was a very professional performance from us."
KKR picked up their third match in eight with the comfortable win over the Delhi Daredevils to keep their hopes of making the playoffs alive.
The situation does not look so good for DD, however, with the Delhi franchise suffering their sixth defeat in eight, as a place in the top four now looks extremely unlikely yet again.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories