Watch Gambhir and Uthappa Flay DD's Attack: Delhi Daredevils vs Kolkata Knight Riders Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | May 8, 2014 12:24 AM EST
The Kolkata Knight Riders ended their four-match losing streak with a comfortable win over the Delhi Daredevils in their IPL 2014 game at the Feroz Shah Kotla on Wednesday.
Asked to chase down 161, after DD finished on 160 for five in their 20 overs, Gautam Gambhir and Robin Uthappa put on another 100-run partnership, this time in a victory, to ease KKR to the target with ten balls to spare.
Gambhir was the man of the match for his 69 and the KKR skipper was expectedly happy with his and his team's performance, especially after that mammoth collapse against the Rajasthan Royals on Monday when they lost six wickets in two overs to gift the game away.
"After what happened last time we wanted to finish the game off this time around," Gambhir said. "Last game we needed someone to be smart and I'm thankful I did that today.
"Me and Robin were hitting the ball really well, and we wanted to take the pressure off each other without taking too many risks. A good partnership also helps the rest of the batting order as well."
Gambhir started IPL 2014 with a disastrous run of scores, unable to even get off the mark, and the left-hander admitted to being relieved to be in amongst the runs in the last couple of games.
"It feels good to get some runs, as before I couldn't get any. I was smiling outside, but I was anxious, so it feels great and it was a very professional performance from us."
KKR picked up their third match in eight with the comfortable win over the Delhi Daredevils to keep their hopes of making the playoffs alive.
The situation does not look so good for DD, however, with the Delhi franchise suffering their sixth defeat in eight, as a place in the top four now looks extremely unlikely yet again.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report