Salman Khan 2002 Hit and Run Case: 3 Eyewitnesses Identify Him [PHOTOS]
May 7, 2014 11:03 PM EST
Salman Khan 2002 Hit and Run Case : Three Eye Witnesses Ideintified Him [PHOTOS]
Bollywood actor Salman Khan was present for the hearing in the retrial of his 2002 hit and run case in Mumbai court on 6 May. Salman was accompanied by his sister Alvira and Arpita in the court.
During the hearing in court, three witnesses among the injured were present and testified their statement against Salman by saying that he was seen getting down from his car and later ran over when they were sleeping on a footpath outside an American Express Bakery in Suburban Bandra on that night. One person died and four others were injured in the accident.
All of the three witnesses were said to be the workers of the bakery. One of the witnesses who stood against Salman has filed another complaint as he got a threatening call from a stranger before he appeared in the court. It was said that the court will take it during the next hearing.
The prosecution has alleged that the Toyota Land Cruiser involved in the incident was driven by Salman, who was under the influence of liquor, according to The Times of India. So far, four witnesses have deposed in the re-trial. One among them is a panch witness and the other three are eye witnesses. The prosecution led by Jagannath Kenjralkar would examine another three witnesses on 19 May.
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Khloe Kardashian Baby Bump Pictures Allegedly Arrive on Instagram, Reported to be Pregnant with French Montana's Baby
- Kim Kardashian's Divorce Struggles: Kanye West Emotionally Unavailable, Neglects Kim and North West on Trip to Mexico
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- CCTV Footage Captured Children Being Beaten To Sleep And Physically Abused Inside Nursery
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report