Salman Khan 2002 Hit and Run Case: 3 Eyewitnesses Identify Him [PHOTOS]
May 7, 2014 11:03 PM EST
Salman Khan 2002 Hit and Run Case : Three Eye Witnesses Ideintified Him [PHOTOS]
Bollywood actor Salman Khan was present for the hearing in the retrial of his 2002 hit and run case in Mumbai court on 6 May. Salman was accompanied by his sister Alvira and Arpita in the court.
During the hearing in court, three witnesses among the injured were present and testified their statement against Salman by saying that he was seen getting down from his car and later ran over when they were sleeping on a footpath outside an American Express Bakery in Suburban Bandra on that night. One person died and four others were injured in the accident.
All of the three witnesses were said to be the workers of the bakery. One of the witnesses who stood against Salman has filed another complaint as he got a threatening call from a stranger before he appeared in the court. It was said that the court will take it during the next hearing.
The prosecution has alleged that the Toyota Land Cruiser involved in the incident was driven by Salman, who was under the influence of liquor, according to The Times of India. So far, four witnesses have deposed in the re-trial. One among them is a panch witness and the other three are eye witnesses. The prosecution led by Jagannath Kenjralkar would examine another three witnesses on 19 May.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists