Salman Khan 2002 Hit and Run Case: 3 Eyewitnesses Identify Him [PHOTOS]
May 7, 2014 11:03 PM EST
Salman Khan 2002 Hit and Run Case : Three Eye Witnesses Ideintified Him [PHOTOS]
Bollywood actor Salman Khan was present for the hearing in the retrial of his 2002 hit and run case in Mumbai court on 6 May. Salman was accompanied by his sister Alvira and Arpita in the court.
During the hearing in court, three witnesses among the injured were present and testified their statement against Salman by saying that he was seen getting down from his car and later ran over when they were sleeping on a footpath outside an American Express Bakery in Suburban Bandra on that night. One person died and four others were injured in the accident.
All of the three witnesses were said to be the workers of the bakery. One of the witnesses who stood against Salman has filed another complaint as he got a threatening call from a stranger before he appeared in the court. It was said that the court will take it during the next hearing.
The prosecution has alleged that the Toyota Land Cruiser involved in the incident was driven by Salman, who was under the influence of liquor, according to The Times of India. So far, four witnesses have deposed in the re-trial. One among them is a panch witness and the other three are eye witnesses. The prosecution led by Jagannath Kenjralkar would examine another three witnesses on 19 May.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage