'The Voice' USA 2014 Shocker: Sisaundra Lewis Will be Missed; Delvin Choice and Audra McLaughlin Also Eliminated
By Raymond Ronamai | May 7, 2014 10:58 PM EST
It was harsh but that's how the show goes, with three of the contestants being sent home this time, instead of two. And in what could shock many, three of the most consistent performers - Sisuandra Lewis, Delvin Choice and Audra McLaughlin - were eliminated from "The Voice" USA 2014.
Screenshot from The Voice YouT
Kat Perkins performs Heart’s "Barracuda on "The Voice" USA 2014 on Tuesday.
Host Carson Daly called out names of four contestants saved by America, and they were Josh Kaufman from Team Usher, Kristen Merlin from Team Shakira, Christina Grimmie from Team Adam and Jake Worthington from Team Blake. Interestingly, all four coaches were assured of a contestant each for next week.
Surprisingly, Kat Perkins and Choice of Team Adam, as well as McLaughlin and Lewis of Team Blake were placed in the bottom four, despite receiving heaps of praises from the coaches for their performances during the live round.
In their last hope of going to the next round, the bottom four contestants performed a song each, which could be their last appearances this season. Lewis sang Aretha Franklin's "Natural Woman", McLaughlin's performance was "Done" by The Band Perry, Perkins rendered to Heart's "Barracuda" and Choice took on Bruno Mars' "Young Girls".
Only one of them could be saved by the audience, and it was not easy to decide who should move on to the next round, with the coaches showering praises on all the contestants. One was to win at the end of the day, and it was Perkins.
Blake suffered a double blow on Tuesday with two of his strong contestants being shown the door. Lewis will be missed in the competition not only because she was one of the most consistent performers but also since she was perhaps the most powerful artist, who sings with full of conviction and emotion. She hit the roof last week with her rendition of Steve Perry's "Oh Sherrie" followed by Tina Turner's "River Deep, Mountain High" on Monday and Aretha Franklin's "Natural Woman" the next day. She is no doubt a great talent but America seems to think she is not better than the other contestants.
McLaughlin is another good country singer. She may not have outraced the rest of the pack but she is good at her game and knows her strength. She sang "Forgive" by Rebecca Lynn Howard this week, receiving praises from the coaches despite a little shaky performance, and her rendition of "Done" by The Band Perry on Tuesday failed to save her. Her ousted did not come as a big surprise following her performance in the live show.
Team Adam also had two contestants - Perkins and Choice - placed in the bottom four but the former was saved by America after her rendition of Heart's "Barracuda". However, Choice was sent packing despite his beautiful performance of "I Believe I Can Fly" by R Kelly last week, followed by Bruno Mars' "Young Girls" on Tuesday.
(Image credit: Screenshot from The Voice YouTube Video) (Ed: VP)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date