'The Voice' USA 2014 Shocker: Sisaundra Lewis Will be Missed; Delvin Choice and Audra McLaughlin Also Eliminated
By Raymond Ronamai | May 7, 2014 10:58 PM EST
It was harsh but that's how the show goes, with three of the contestants being sent home this time, instead of two. And in what could shock many, three of the most consistent performers - Sisuandra Lewis, Delvin Choice and Audra McLaughlin - were eliminated from "The Voice" USA 2014.
Screenshot from The Voice YouT
Kat Perkins performs Heart’s "Barracuda on "The Voice" USA 2014 on Tuesday.
Host Carson Daly called out names of four contestants saved by America, and they were Josh Kaufman from Team Usher, Kristen Merlin from Team Shakira, Christina Grimmie from Team Adam and Jake Worthington from Team Blake. Interestingly, all four coaches were assured of a contestant each for next week.
Surprisingly, Kat Perkins and Choice of Team Adam, as well as McLaughlin and Lewis of Team Blake were placed in the bottom four, despite receiving heaps of praises from the coaches for their performances during the live round.
In their last hope of going to the next round, the bottom four contestants performed a song each, which could be their last appearances this season. Lewis sang Aretha Franklin's "Natural Woman", McLaughlin's performance was "Done" by The Band Perry, Perkins rendered to Heart's "Barracuda" and Choice took on Bruno Mars' "Young Girls".
Only one of them could be saved by the audience, and it was not easy to decide who should move on to the next round, with the coaches showering praises on all the contestants. One was to win at the end of the day, and it was Perkins.
Blake suffered a double blow on Tuesday with two of his strong contestants being shown the door. Lewis will be missed in the competition not only because she was one of the most consistent performers but also since she was perhaps the most powerful artist, who sings with full of conviction and emotion. She hit the roof last week with her rendition of Steve Perry's "Oh Sherrie" followed by Tina Turner's "River Deep, Mountain High" on Monday and Aretha Franklin's "Natural Woman" the next day. She is no doubt a great talent but America seems to think she is not better than the other contestants.
McLaughlin is another good country singer. She may not have outraced the rest of the pack but she is good at her game and knows her strength. She sang "Forgive" by Rebecca Lynn Howard this week, receiving praises from the coaches despite a little shaky performance, and her rendition of "Done" by The Band Perry on Tuesday failed to save her. Her ousted did not come as a big surprise following her performance in the live show.
Team Adam also had two contestants - Perkins and Choice - placed in the bottom four but the former was saved by America after her rendition of Heart's "Barracuda". However, Choice was sent packing despite his beautiful performance of "I Believe I Can Fly" by R Kelly last week, followed by Bruno Mars' "Young Girls" on Tuesday.
(Image credit: Screenshot from The Voice YouTube Video) (Ed: VP)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family