E3 2014: EA to Showcase Star Wars: Battlefront; Microsoft Briefing Confirmed; Nintendo’s New Hardware Rumors
By Aditya Bhat | May 7, 2014 10:07 PM EST
The upcoming three-day annual gaming event E3 2014 in Los Angeles, California is one the most eagerly awaited in the calendar, where developers and publishers reveal the development of their current and future games, during media briefings.
E3 2014 will be held from 10-12 June.
Electric Arts (EA) has already confirmed its participation at the event on 9 June at 12 pm PDT.
They also confirmed that they will showcase Star Wars: Battlefront, set in the Star Wars universe. This was revealed by Andrew Wilson, CEO of EA during a financial call. It is already known that DICE will develop Battlefront, and it will be powered by a new Frostbite engine.
The company is also likely to showcase EA Sports UFC that will release on 17 June, just a week after the press conference. Other EA titles like Madden NFL 15, Dragon Age: Inquisition and The Sims 4 are likely to get previews. It has been reported that EA will feature six new games at the conference.
Microsoft has confirmed its participation, and announced that it will conduct media briefing on 9 June, at 9:30 am PDT.
Major Nelson of Xbox has revealed that their briefing is titled Xbox: Game On. He said through his blog post that fans can expect trailers of future games, extensive preview of already announced games and fan-centric events.
Phil Spencer, head of Xbox, has also said that the company will concentrate on games at the briefing, and added that it will be "another strong year".
Nintendo will be following in the footsteps laid down last year, when it did not hold any media briefings. But they will steam a video that will announce their plans. The event will be held on 10 June 9 am PDT.
The 'digital event' will focus on confirmed video games, like Sonic Boom and Super Smash Bros. Fans can also expect information on Legend of Zelda and Bayonetta 2. Super Smash. Bros. Invitational Tournament and Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 will be steamed at the event, said the company.
It has been rumored that Nintendo might reveal a new hardware at E3, though the company was quick to nip the news in the bud, before it could bloom.
Ubisoft will hold its media briefing on 9 June at 3 pm PDT. Fans can expect footage from the upcoming Assassin's Creed games like Unity and Comet.
Fans can also expect the studio to release details on The Crew and Tom Clancy's The Division. Apart from these, the studio is also likely to reveal a new IP, since it is been a tradition for it to reveal one during the event.
Though Sony has not announced any details of the briefing schedule, it is expected on the 9 June.
Sony has already hinted that it will showcase demoes of Destiny and other upcoming games for PlayStation 4. Uncharted 4, is likely to be showcased at the event, since the company has said nothing about it, after it revealed a teaser trailer during PlayStation 4 launch.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales