E3 2014: EA to Showcase Star Wars: Battlefront; Microsoft Briefing Confirmed; Nintendo’s New Hardware Rumors
By Aditya Bhat | May 7, 2014 10:07 PM EST
The upcoming three-day annual gaming event E3 2014 in Los Angeles, California is one the most eagerly awaited in the calendar, where developers and publishers reveal the development of their current and future games, during media briefings.
E3 2014 will be held from 10-12 June.
Electric Arts (EA) has already confirmed its participation at the event on 9 June at 12 pm PDT.
They also confirmed that they will showcase Star Wars: Battlefront, set in the Star Wars universe. This was revealed by Andrew Wilson, CEO of EA during a financial call. It is already known that DICE will develop Battlefront, and it will be powered by a new Frostbite engine.
The company is also likely to showcase EA Sports UFC that will release on 17 June, just a week after the press conference. Other EA titles like Madden NFL 15, Dragon Age: Inquisition and The Sims 4 are likely to get previews. It has been reported that EA will feature six new games at the conference.
Microsoft has confirmed its participation, and announced that it will conduct media briefing on 9 June, at 9:30 am PDT.
Major Nelson of Xbox has revealed that their briefing is titled Xbox: Game On. He said through his blog post that fans can expect trailers of future games, extensive preview of already announced games and fan-centric events.
Phil Spencer, head of Xbox, has also said that the company will concentrate on games at the briefing, and added that it will be "another strong year".
Nintendo will be following in the footsteps laid down last year, when it did not hold any media briefings. But they will steam a video that will announce their plans. The event will be held on 10 June 9 am PDT.
The 'digital event' will focus on confirmed video games, like Sonic Boom and Super Smash Bros. Fans can also expect information on Legend of Zelda and Bayonetta 2. Super Smash. Bros. Invitational Tournament and Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 will be steamed at the event, said the company.
It has been rumored that Nintendo might reveal a new hardware at E3, though the company was quick to nip the news in the bud, before it could bloom.
Ubisoft will hold its media briefing on 9 June at 3 pm PDT. Fans can expect footage from the upcoming Assassin's Creed games like Unity and Comet.
Fans can also expect the studio to release details on The Crew and Tom Clancy's The Division. Apart from these, the studio is also likely to reveal a new IP, since it is been a tradition for it to reveal one during the event.
Though Sony has not announced any details of the briefing schedule, it is expected on the 9 June.
Sony has already hinted that it will showcase demoes of Destiny and other upcoming games for PlayStation 4. Uncharted 4, is likely to be showcased at the event, since the company has said nothing about it, after it revealed a teaser trailer during PlayStation 4 launch.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- Sony Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact Gets Certified For 23.0.1.A.1.43, Xperia Z3 Dual For 23.0.F.1.82
- 'World Of Warcraft' 6.0.3 Patch Hotfixes Update Including Hallow's End And The Latest Resolved Issues Regarding The 'WoW' User Interface, Classes, Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Gets A New Trailer And Hidden Demo Missions
- Check Out The ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection’ Ranking, New Anniversary Trailer And Level Walkthroughs
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists