Advance Bookings for Rajinikanth's 'Kochadaiiyaan' Gets Phenomenal Response
By sangeetha seshagiri | May 7, 2014 9:47 PM EST
Rajinikanth in "Kochadaiiyaan" (Credit: Soundarya Ashwin/Twitter)
The advance bookings for superstar Rajinikanth's "Kochadaiiyaan" ("Kochadaiyaan") has got phenomenal response in Chennai.
Chennai multiplexes have started advance bookings since midnight and are getting grand response. Popular multiplexes such as Sathyam, Abirami and Mayajaal have already sold out most of the tickets for the first weekend, reported Behindwoods.
Abirami had sold nearly 15,000 tickets combined for four screens, said entertainment industry tracker Sreedhar Pillai. "#Kochadaiiyaan - advance booking starts at #Abirami in Chennai & nearly 15, 000 tickets sold combined for all 4 screens within hours!," Pillai tweeted.
Seats are filling fast in popular single screen theatres such as Albert, Maharani, Shanti and Woodlands for the opening weekend. Some theatres are yet to start the bookings and once it happens, the tickets will definitely sell like hot cakes.
Clearly, Rajini mania has taken over Chennai city. "Kochadaiiyaan" is releasing in approximately 6,000 screens worldwide. Several theatres will be screening both the 3D and 2D versions of the film. Premiere shows of the Tamil version have been confirmed all over the USA and they will be held on Thursday (8 May).
"#Kochadaiiyaan Tamil premieres confirmed all over USA. Many theaters will open premiere booking after getting print and KDM tomorrow," ATMUS Entertainment, which has acquired the film's distribution rights in the US, tweeted sometime ago.
The Rajini starrer is likely to set record openings on the first weekend at the box office not just in India, but also in overseas markets.
Directed by Soundarya Rajini, "Kochadaiiyaan" is a period drama with Rajinikanth in dual roles. The film also has Deepika Padukone, Sarathkumar, Aadhi, Nassar and Jackie Shroff in important roles.
The magnum opus, made with a budget of ₹125 crore, is deemed as India's first 3D film using photo-realistic motion capture techniques. The performances of the actors have been captured and translated into digital image. All the actors will appear as animated characters in the film.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff