Advance Bookings for Rajinikanth's 'Kochadaiiyaan' Gets Phenomenal Response
By sangeetha seshagiri | May 7, 2014 9:47 PM EST
Rajinikanth in "Kochadaiiyaan" (Credit: Soundarya Ashwin/Twitter)
The advance bookings for superstar Rajinikanth's "Kochadaiiyaan" ("Kochadaiyaan") has got phenomenal response in Chennai.
Chennai multiplexes have started advance bookings since midnight and are getting grand response. Popular multiplexes such as Sathyam, Abirami and Mayajaal have already sold out most of the tickets for the first weekend, reported Behindwoods.
Abirami had sold nearly 15,000 tickets combined for four screens, said entertainment industry tracker Sreedhar Pillai. "#Kochadaiiyaan - advance booking starts at #Abirami in Chennai & nearly 15, 000 tickets sold combined for all 4 screens within hours!," Pillai tweeted.
Seats are filling fast in popular single screen theatres such as Albert, Maharani, Shanti and Woodlands for the opening weekend. Some theatres are yet to start the bookings and once it happens, the tickets will definitely sell like hot cakes.
Clearly, Rajini mania has taken over Chennai city. "Kochadaiiyaan" is releasing in approximately 6,000 screens worldwide. Several theatres will be screening both the 3D and 2D versions of the film. Premiere shows of the Tamil version have been confirmed all over the USA and they will be held on Thursday (8 May).
"#Kochadaiiyaan Tamil premieres confirmed all over USA. Many theaters will open premiere booking after getting print and KDM tomorrow," ATMUS Entertainment, which has acquired the film's distribution rights in the US, tweeted sometime ago.
The Rajini starrer is likely to set record openings on the first weekend at the box office not just in India, but also in overseas markets.
Directed by Soundarya Rajini, "Kochadaiiyaan" is a period drama with Rajinikanth in dual roles. The film also has Deepika Padukone, Sarathkumar, Aadhi, Nassar and Jackie Shroff in important roles.
The magnum opus, made with a budget of ₹125 crore, is deemed as India's first 3D film using photo-realistic motion capture techniques. The performances of the actors have been captured and translated into digital image. All the actors will appear as animated characters in the film.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan