Advance Bookings for Rajinikanth's 'Kochadaiiyaan' Gets Phenomenal Response
By sangeetha seshagiri | May 7, 2014 9:47 PM EST
Rajinikanth in "Kochadaiiyaan" (Credit: Soundarya Ashwin/Twitter)
The advance bookings for superstar Rajinikanth's "Kochadaiiyaan" ("Kochadaiyaan") has got phenomenal response in Chennai.
Chennai multiplexes have started advance bookings since midnight and are getting grand response. Popular multiplexes such as Sathyam, Abirami and Mayajaal have already sold out most of the tickets for the first weekend, reported Behindwoods.
Abirami had sold nearly 15,000 tickets combined for four screens, said entertainment industry tracker Sreedhar Pillai. "#Kochadaiiyaan - advance booking starts at #Abirami in Chennai & nearly 15, 000 tickets sold combined for all 4 screens within hours!," Pillai tweeted.
Seats are filling fast in popular single screen theatres such as Albert, Maharani, Shanti and Woodlands for the opening weekend. Some theatres are yet to start the bookings and once it happens, the tickets will definitely sell like hot cakes.
Clearly, Rajini mania has taken over Chennai city. "Kochadaiiyaan" is releasing in approximately 6,000 screens worldwide. Several theatres will be screening both the 3D and 2D versions of the film. Premiere shows of the Tamil version have been confirmed all over the USA and they will be held on Thursday (8 May).
"#Kochadaiiyaan Tamil premieres confirmed all over USA. Many theaters will open premiere booking after getting print and KDM tomorrow," ATMUS Entertainment, which has acquired the film's distribution rights in the US, tweeted sometime ago.
The Rajini starrer is likely to set record openings on the first weekend at the box office not just in India, but also in overseas markets.
Directed by Soundarya Rajini, "Kochadaiiyaan" is a period drama with Rajinikanth in dual roles. The film also has Deepika Padukone, Sarathkumar, Aadhi, Nassar and Jackie Shroff in important roles.
The magnum opus, made with a budget of ₹125 crore, is deemed as India's first 3D film using photo-realistic motion capture techniques. The performances of the actors have been captured and translated into digital image. All the actors will appear as animated characters in the film.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate