Advance Bookings for Rajinikanth's 'Kochadaiiyaan' Gets Phenomenal Response
By sangeetha seshagiri | May 7, 2014 9:47 PM EST
Rajinikanth in "Kochadaiiyaan" (Credit: Soundarya Ashwin/Twitter)
The advance bookings for superstar Rajinikanth's "Kochadaiiyaan" ("Kochadaiyaan") has got phenomenal response in Chennai.
Chennai multiplexes have started advance bookings since midnight and are getting grand response. Popular multiplexes such as Sathyam, Abirami and Mayajaal have already sold out most of the tickets for the first weekend, reported Behindwoods.
Abirami had sold nearly 15,000 tickets combined for four screens, said entertainment industry tracker Sreedhar Pillai. "#Kochadaiiyaan - advance booking starts at #Abirami in Chennai & nearly 15, 000 tickets sold combined for all 4 screens within hours!," Pillai tweeted.
Seats are filling fast in popular single screen theatres such as Albert, Maharani, Shanti and Woodlands for the opening weekend. Some theatres are yet to start the bookings and once it happens, the tickets will definitely sell like hot cakes.
Clearly, Rajini mania has taken over Chennai city. "Kochadaiiyaan" is releasing in approximately 6,000 screens worldwide. Several theatres will be screening both the 3D and 2D versions of the film. Premiere shows of the Tamil version have been confirmed all over the USA and they will be held on Thursday (8 May).
"#Kochadaiiyaan Tamil premieres confirmed all over USA. Many theaters will open premiere booking after getting print and KDM tomorrow," ATMUS Entertainment, which has acquired the film's distribution rights in the US, tweeted sometime ago.
The Rajini starrer is likely to set record openings on the first weekend at the box office not just in India, but also in overseas markets.
Directed by Soundarya Rajini, "Kochadaiiyaan" is a period drama with Rajinikanth in dual roles. The film also has Deepika Padukone, Sarathkumar, Aadhi, Nassar and Jackie Shroff in important roles.
The magnum opus, made with a budget of ₹125 crore, is deemed as India's first 3D film using photo-realistic motion capture techniques. The performances of the actors have been captured and translated into digital image. All the actors will appear as animated characters in the film.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists