Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi ‘Love their Home Lives’
By Ankita Mehta | May 7, 2014 9:25 PM EST
Chat show host Ellen DeGeneres and wife Portia De Rossi have been constantly in the news of late for their allegedly troubled married life. Recent reports indicated that the couple are having a difference of opinion about having children but it is now understood they are happy and love their "home lives".
Ellen DeGeneres (R) and wife Portia de Rossi (Photo:WikimediaCommons/AngelaGeorge)
National Enquirer, in their latest issue, carried a story titled "Ellen Baby Bombshell". According to the magazine, Rossi wants to have a baby, while DeGeneres is refusing the idea.
DeGeneres had decided that she does not want to have children, and Rossi had initially agreed to it but the report stated now she wants to have a child.
"Portia's now desperate to hear the pitter-patter of little feet. What's more, she's telling pals she's ready to take the plunge into motherhood - with or without Ellen!" National Enquirer reported, according to Gossip Cop.
"Portia has flat-out told Ellen that she wants a baby or a divorce," the tabloid quoted an insider.
But a source close to the couple has now claimed they are not arguing over children and all is well.
"The story is 'nonsense,' and that DeGeneres and De Rossi love their home lives," the source told Gossip Cop.
Australian-American actress Rossi and television host DeGeneres have been married since 2008.
In February, DeGeneres had told the People magazine that they do not have any plans of having children as the responsibility of being parents is too big. DeGeneres also rubbished rumours of problems between her and Rossi.
"The truth is, and this is corny, I fall more in love with Portia all the time. I really do. She surprises me all the time," she told People in February.
"It's what anyone experiences when you find that person that gets you, wants to take care of you, wants the best for you. We're really lucky because we know how rare it is."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools