Maruti Suzuki Likely to Launch New Alto K10 Hatchback by 2015
By greeshma m | May 7, 2014 8:08 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki, country's largest car maker is reportedly working on a new hatchback for India, suggests a new report.
Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 Facelift Spyshots Hit the Web
Financial Express claims that Maruti Suzuki, India's trusted name for small cars is gearing up to launch a new Alto K10 hatchback in the country by 2015. According to the report, the car is likely to take design cues from Maruti's successful Celerio and would feature automated manual transmission (AMT) technology.
"The new Alto K10 will be launched around January 2015. The design has completely been changed and it will now offer more space, more modern interiors as well as the AMT auto gear technology," FE quoted a source close to the development .
Alto K10, the small car offering of Maruti has been a successful endevour in the domestic market as well as the export markets like Africa and South America. Hyundai Eon and Datsun Go are the main rivals of the Alto K10 in India. Recently, Hyundai has launched a new model of Eon in the sub-continent market.
Under the hood, the new Alto K10 is likely to pack 998cc 3 pot motor of the Celelrio, which can churn out 68 PS of max power and 90 Nm of torque. Previous reports had suggested that the vehicle would feature larger and more stylish swept-back headlamps, new engine grille with chrome outline, reworked front bumper and the new rounded bonnet.
Maruti is also expected to launch the SX4 replacement Ciaz in the country by the end of this year. The Ciaz, which was first seen at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014, is based on the Suzuki Authentics concept car and is likely to come with 1.3 liter Multijet diesel or 1.4 liter K Series petrol engine of Ertiga. The car will be pitted against Hyundai Verna, Honda City and Volkswagen Vento in the sub-continent and is expected to fall in the price brackets of ₹7.2 lakh to ₹10.5 lakh.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon