Maruti Suzuki Likely to Launch New Alto K10 Hatchback by 2015
By greeshma m | May 7, 2014 8:08 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki, country's largest car maker is reportedly working on a new hatchback for India, suggests a new report.
Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 Facelift Spyshots Hit the Web
Financial Express claims that Maruti Suzuki, India's trusted name for small cars is gearing up to launch a new Alto K10 hatchback in the country by 2015. According to the report, the car is likely to take design cues from Maruti's successful Celerio and would feature automated manual transmission (AMT) technology.
"The new Alto K10 will be launched around January 2015. The design has completely been changed and it will now offer more space, more modern interiors as well as the AMT auto gear technology," FE quoted a source close to the development .
Alto K10, the small car offering of Maruti has been a successful endevour in the domestic market as well as the export markets like Africa and South America. Hyundai Eon and Datsun Go are the main rivals of the Alto K10 in India. Recently, Hyundai has launched a new model of Eon in the sub-continent market.
Under the hood, the new Alto K10 is likely to pack 998cc 3 pot motor of the Celelrio, which can churn out 68 PS of max power and 90 Nm of torque. Previous reports had suggested that the vehicle would feature larger and more stylish swept-back headlamps, new engine grille with chrome outline, reworked front bumper and the new rounded bonnet.
Maruti is also expected to launch the SX4 replacement Ciaz in the country by the end of this year. The Ciaz, which was first seen at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014, is based on the Suzuki Authentics concept car and is likely to come with 1.3 liter Multijet diesel or 1.4 liter K Series petrol engine of Ertiga. The car will be pitted against Hyundai Verna, Honda City and Volkswagen Vento in the sub-continent and is expected to fall in the price brackets of ₹7.2 lakh to ₹10.5 lakh.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Who's The Boss: Tech World's Top 10 CEO's Revealed
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- MH17: Shrapnel Hits Plane, Russia Calls for UN-led Investigation