Maruti Suzuki Likely to Launch New Alto K10 Hatchback by 2015
By greeshma m | May 7, 2014 8:08 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki, country's largest car maker is reportedly working on a new hatchback for India, suggests a new report.
Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 Facelift Spyshots Hit the Web
Financial Express claims that Maruti Suzuki, India's trusted name for small cars is gearing up to launch a new Alto K10 hatchback in the country by 2015. According to the report, the car is likely to take design cues from Maruti's successful Celerio and would feature automated manual transmission (AMT) technology.
"The new Alto K10 will be launched around January 2015. The design has completely been changed and it will now offer more space, more modern interiors as well as the AMT auto gear technology," FE quoted a source close to the development .
Alto K10, the small car offering of Maruti has been a successful endevour in the domestic market as well as the export markets like Africa and South America. Hyundai Eon and Datsun Go are the main rivals of the Alto K10 in India. Recently, Hyundai has launched a new model of Eon in the sub-continent market.
Under the hood, the new Alto K10 is likely to pack 998cc 3 pot motor of the Celelrio, which can churn out 68 PS of max power and 90 Nm of torque. Previous reports had suggested that the vehicle would feature larger and more stylish swept-back headlamps, new engine grille with chrome outline, reworked front bumper and the new rounded bonnet.
Maruti is also expected to launch the SX4 replacement Ciaz in the country by the end of this year. The Ciaz, which was first seen at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014, is based on the Suzuki Authentics concept car and is likely to come with 1.3 liter Multijet diesel or 1.4 liter K Series petrol engine of Ertiga. The car will be pitted against Hyundai Verna, Honda City and Volkswagen Vento in the sub-continent and is expected to fall in the price brackets of ₹7.2 lakh to ₹10.5 lakh.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko