Need for Speed 2014 Confirmed; No Release in 2014, Ghost Games Announces
By Aditya Bhat | May 7, 2014 8:01 PM EST
Fans of Need for Speed will be disappointed, as the developer of 2013's Need for Speed Rivals, Ghost Games has said that the next Need for Speed title will only release in 2015 and there will be no game from the popular racing video game franchise in 2014.
Need for Speed: Rivals was released on November 2013.
"We've made the decision to not release a Need for Speed in 2014, so we can work towards a highly innovative Need for Speed in 2015," said Marcus Nilsson, executive producer and GM of Ghost Games in a post on the official website.
In a post thanking the fans for making the game popular and successful, he said that the dedication of the fans makes the studio to do more. He also said that the studio is passionate about the game and will improve upon it constantly, bringing out "games that push the boundaries of technology and innovation."
"Ghost Games is working on innovative new chapter of the franchise," echoed Andrew Wilson, ceo at EA during the financial call, CVG reported. EA has "planned an extended development window to ensure a high quality experience for NFS players next year".
He also revealed to fans in his post that the studio is "deep in development" on the next title from the franchise and promised that apart from listening to the fans, the game will be the one that they have been asking for.
But the developer which will be making the next Need of Speed said that fans will constantly be hearing from the studio as it wants their input on the "future gameplay and features."
The last game, Rivals suffered various issues on performance on both console and PC platforms.
The racing video game franchise has seen worldwide success since the first game launched in 1994. The most recent among them is Need for Speed Rivals, which was the twentieth installment in the series. It was released for PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One in November 2013.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy