Shah Rukh Khan Refuses to Follow Aamir Khan's Footsteps, Turns Down 'Race 3'
By Arijita Bhowmik | May 7, 2014 7:54 PM EST
Superstar Shah Rukh Khan seems to be wary of donning negative roles, unlike rival Aamir Khan.
Shah Rukh, as reports have claimed, was offered a role in "Race 3", much like Aamir's part in the blockbuster "Dhoom 3". But the actor, after going through a brief narration, is understood to have been turned down the offer as he did not find the role convincing enough.
Shah Rukh Khan at Mumbai airport [Varinder Chawla]
The actor was not entirely satisfied with the role offered by director duo Abbas-Mustan, in the third film in their "Race" series.
Incidentally, Shah Rukh had delivered one of the biggest hits of his career with the duo, when he enacted a negative character in the super hit "Baazigar" (1993).
"Shah Rukh has worked with the director duo during his early years in 'Baazigar', in which he had played a grey character but he has passed up on the offer this time. SRK politely told the directors that he didn't feel the audience would accept him in such a dark role for now," DNA quoted a source.
Though SRK seems not keen on taking up negative roles at the moment, he has delivered some commendable performances in antihero characters during the early part of his career.
The actor had played the role of an obsessive stalker in "Darr" (1993), while in "Anjaam" (1994) he was seen as a psychopath. The latter earned him the Best Villain at the Filmfare awards, while he was nominated in the same category for "Darr".
Even in the "Don" remake and its sequel, Shah Rukh had played partly negative characters. The series much like "Darr", "Anjaam" and "Baazigar" had proved to be successful.
SRK's upcoming flick "Happy New Year" is understood to be a heist film but the film is expected to be an entertainer and would not show him in a negative light.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2