Shah Rukh Khan Refuses to Follow Aamir Khan's Footsteps, Turns Down 'Race 3'
By Arijita Bhowmik | May 7, 2014 7:54 PM EST
Superstar Shah Rukh Khan seems to be wary of donning negative roles, unlike rival Aamir Khan.
Shah Rukh, as reports have claimed, was offered a role in "Race 3", much like Aamir's part in the blockbuster "Dhoom 3". But the actor, after going through a brief narration, is understood to have been turned down the offer as he did not find the role convincing enough.
Shah Rukh Khan at Mumbai airport [Varinder Chawla]
The actor was not entirely satisfied with the role offered by director duo Abbas-Mustan, in the third film in their "Race" series.
Incidentally, Shah Rukh had delivered one of the biggest hits of his career with the duo, when he enacted a negative character in the super hit "Baazigar" (1993).
"Shah Rukh has worked with the director duo during his early years in 'Baazigar', in which he had played a grey character but he has passed up on the offer this time. SRK politely told the directors that he didn't feel the audience would accept him in such a dark role for now," DNA quoted a source.
Though SRK seems not keen on taking up negative roles at the moment, he has delivered some commendable performances in antihero characters during the early part of his career.
The actor had played the role of an obsessive stalker in "Darr" (1993), while in "Anjaam" (1994) he was seen as a psychopath. The latter earned him the Best Villain at the Filmfare awards, while he was nominated in the same category for "Darr".
Even in the "Don" remake and its sequel, Shah Rukh had played partly negative characters. The series much like "Darr", "Anjaam" and "Baazigar" had proved to be successful.
SRK's upcoming flick "Happy New Year" is understood to be a heist film but the film is expected to be an entertainer and would not show him in a negative light.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports