‘True Blood’ Season 7 Plot Spoilers: ‘Wolverine’ Star Will Yun Lee Cast as New Villain; Why is he in Bon Temps?
By Keerthi Mohan | May 7, 2014 7:53 PM EST
When season seven of “True Blood” returns next month, the vampire series will have a new villain – “Wolverine” actor Will Yun Lee, who will add to the drama in the town of Bon Temps, reported Deadline.
The final season of the series will focus on human-vampire relationships, and Lee’s character of Gus will be that of a Texas based Japanese businessman who is out to seek revenge. It appears that Gus’ entry into Bon Temps might have something to do with the death of another Japanese businesswoman, Ms. Suzuki, in the last season.
As fans of the series are aware, the short supply of Tru Blood, the synthetic bottled blood that allowed vampires to come out of their coffins, resulted in Governor Truman Burrell striking a deal with Ms. Suzuki to step up the production of the synthetic blood once again.
Burrell struck the deal claiming that he wanted to make vampires tax-paying citizens, but instead he and his team were tainting the bottles with Hepatitis-V, causing the deaths of a good number of vampires. Although Suzuki tried to contact the FDA to alert them of the problem, she was killed by Sarah Newlin before the task could be completed.
Gus could either be seeking revenge for the killing of Ms. Suzuki or for tainting the synthetic blood. In either case, Sarah is sure to be in trouble with Gus as she is involved in both the incidents.
The 10-episode season seven will also introduce Sarah’s “Texas socialite” parents, the Crabtrees, and her angry sister Amber.
The focus of Sarah’s storyline will be her relationship with her sister, and it will also explain why she became a vampire-hater.
At one point, Sarah and her sister had been advocates of vampires’ civil rights.
Season seven of "True Blood" premieres June 22 at 9 p.m. on HBO.
Spoilers for season seven also indicate that Jason Stackhouse’s decision to save Sarah in the previous season comes with a price, and Arlene will find a new love interest now that Terry Bellefleur is dead. Arlene’s latest man will be Keith, a sexy rock and roll vampire who is in touch with his romantic side.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique