‘True Blood’ Season 7 Plot Spoilers: ‘Wolverine’ Star Will Yun Lee Cast as New Villain; Why is he in Bon Temps?
By Keerthi Mohan | May 7, 2014 7:53 PM EST
When season seven of “True Blood” returns next month, the vampire series will have a new villain – “Wolverine” actor Will Yun Lee, who will add to the drama in the town of Bon Temps, reported Deadline.
The final season of the series will focus on human-vampire relationships, and Lee’s character of Gus will be that of a Texas based Japanese businessman who is out to seek revenge. It appears that Gus’ entry into Bon Temps might have something to do with the death of another Japanese businesswoman, Ms. Suzuki, in the last season.
As fans of the series are aware, the short supply of Tru Blood, the synthetic bottled blood that allowed vampires to come out of their coffins, resulted in Governor Truman Burrell striking a deal with Ms. Suzuki to step up the production of the synthetic blood once again.
Burrell struck the deal claiming that he wanted to make vampires tax-paying citizens, but instead he and his team were tainting the bottles with Hepatitis-V, causing the deaths of a good number of vampires. Although Suzuki tried to contact the FDA to alert them of the problem, she was killed by Sarah Newlin before the task could be completed.
Gus could either be seeking revenge for the killing of Ms. Suzuki or for tainting the synthetic blood. In either case, Sarah is sure to be in trouble with Gus as she is involved in both the incidents.
The 10-episode season seven will also introduce Sarah’s “Texas socialite” parents, the Crabtrees, and her angry sister Amber.
The focus of Sarah’s storyline will be her relationship with her sister, and it will also explain why she became a vampire-hater.
At one point, Sarah and her sister had been advocates of vampires’ civil rights.
Season seven of "True Blood" premieres June 22 at 9 p.m. on HBO.
Spoilers for season seven also indicate that Jason Stackhouse’s decision to save Sarah in the previous season comes with a price, and Arlene will find a new love interest now that Terry Bellefleur is dead. Arlene’s latest man will be Keith, a sexy rock and roll vampire who is in touch with his romantic side.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Things to Know About ‘Surprising, Explosive Ending’ of Andi Dorfman’s Season
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports