Tata Motors Launches Movus in India; Price, Specification Details
By greeshma m | May 7, 2014 6:14 PM EST
Tata Motors on Tuesday pulled the wraps off its Utility Vehicle Movus in India, with price starting at ₹6.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Tata Motors logos are pictured outside their flagship showroom in Mumbai May 28, 2013.
Tata Movus, the new avatar of Sumo Grande features flexible seating options with front facing, side-facing and Captain seats in the 7, 8 and 9 seater configuration. On the mechanical front, Movus comes with same 2.2-litre, turbo-diesel DICOR engine, which powers the Tata Sumo Grande, the Safari Storme and the Aria. The engine can generate a power of 120PS and peak torque of 250Nm and the company promises a fuel efficiency of 15.16kmpl.
In terms of styling, Tata's new offering in the utility vehicle segment looks similar to Sumo Grande and is offered in two variants- CX and LX. It will come in Porcelain White and Meteor Silver paint jobs and is offered with warranty of three years or 1, 50,000km.
"The all-new Movus is a great proposition for large families as it is spacious, easy to maintain, economical for both short and long distances and delivering great value without compromising on comfort," PTI quoted Tata Motors President, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Ranjit Yadav.
Positioning the new vehicle at the entry level, Tata hopes to expand its reach in the country. The vehicle will be available for purchase at the company's dealerships across the country, said Tata.
The company sold 33,892 units vehicles for the month of April, registering a downfall of 34 percent as against the 51,160 vehicles sold in April last year.
The domestic passenger vehicle sales of Tata plunged to 30,670 units in April 2014, from 47,595 units in the corresponding month last year. While the sales figure of Nano, Indica and Indigo cars stood at 5,653 units, the company sold 1,788 units of Sumo, Safari, Aria and Venture vehicles last month.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones