Tata Motors Launches Movus in India; Price, Specification Details
By greeshma m | May 7, 2014 6:14 PM EST
Tata Motors on Tuesday pulled the wraps off its Utility Vehicle Movus in India, with price starting at ₹6.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Tata Motors logos are pictured outside their flagship showroom in Mumbai May 28, 2013.
Tata Movus, the new avatar of Sumo Grande features flexible seating options with front facing, side-facing and Captain seats in the 7, 8 and 9 seater configuration. On the mechanical front, Movus comes with same 2.2-litre, turbo-diesel DICOR engine, which powers the Tata Sumo Grande, the Safari Storme and the Aria. The engine can generate a power of 120PS and peak torque of 250Nm and the company promises a fuel efficiency of 15.16kmpl.
In terms of styling, Tata's new offering in the utility vehicle segment looks similar to Sumo Grande and is offered in two variants- CX and LX. It will come in Porcelain White and Meteor Silver paint jobs and is offered with warranty of three years or 1, 50,000km.
"The all-new Movus is a great proposition for large families as it is spacious, easy to maintain, economical for both short and long distances and delivering great value without compromising on comfort," PTI quoted Tata Motors President, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Ranjit Yadav.
Positioning the new vehicle at the entry level, Tata hopes to expand its reach in the country. The vehicle will be available for purchase at the company's dealerships across the country, said Tata.
The company sold 33,892 units vehicles for the month of April, registering a downfall of 34 percent as against the 51,160 vehicles sold in April last year.
The domestic passenger vehicle sales of Tata plunged to 30,670 units in April 2014, from 47,595 units in the corresponding month last year. While the sales figure of Nano, Indica and Indigo cars stood at 5,653 units, the company sold 1,788 units of Sumo, Safari, Aria and Venture vehicles last month.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- New Zealand's Largest Snack Food Company Bought for NZ$700 Million
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People