Tata Motors Launches Movus in India; Price, Specification Details
By greeshma m | May 7, 2014 6:14 PM EST
Tata Motors on Tuesday pulled the wraps off its Utility Vehicle Movus in India, with price starting at ₹6.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Tata Motors logos are pictured outside their flagship showroom in Mumbai May 28, 2013.
Tata Movus, the new avatar of Sumo Grande features flexible seating options with front facing, side-facing and Captain seats in the 7, 8 and 9 seater configuration. On the mechanical front, Movus comes with same 2.2-litre, turbo-diesel DICOR engine, which powers the Tata Sumo Grande, the Safari Storme and the Aria. The engine can generate a power of 120PS and peak torque of 250Nm and the company promises a fuel efficiency of 15.16kmpl.
In terms of styling, Tata's new offering in the utility vehicle segment looks similar to Sumo Grande and is offered in two variants- CX and LX. It will come in Porcelain White and Meteor Silver paint jobs and is offered with warranty of three years or 1, 50,000km.
"The all-new Movus is a great proposition for large families as it is spacious, easy to maintain, economical for both short and long distances and delivering great value without compromising on comfort," PTI quoted Tata Motors President, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Ranjit Yadav.
Positioning the new vehicle at the entry level, Tata hopes to expand its reach in the country. The vehicle will be available for purchase at the company's dealerships across the country, said Tata.
The company sold 33,892 units vehicles for the month of April, registering a downfall of 34 percent as against the 51,160 vehicles sold in April last year.
The domestic passenger vehicle sales of Tata plunged to 30,670 units in April 2014, from 47,595 units in the corresponding month last year. While the sales figure of Nano, Indica and Indigo cars stood at 5,653 units, the company sold 1,788 units of Sumo, Safari, Aria and Venture vehicles last month.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide