‘Homeland’ Season 4 Update, Spoilers: Will Brody Return? Claire Danes and EP Reveal Carrie’s Future and Other Details
By jaskiran kaur | May 7, 2014 6:09 PM EST
"Homeland" Season 3 is gone but fans are still trying to get over Damian Lewis' Nicholas Brody's death. Fans are not quite convinced that Brody is really gone. They still hope to see him return with Claire Danes (Carrie) in "Homeland" Season 4. They are also eager to know who takes the lead if Brody doesn't. Here are few spoilers and details about the show and its developments. Read on to find out what happens in "Homeland" Season 4. [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
This article contains spoilers from "Homeland" Season 4. Read only if you want to learn more about it.
"Homeland's" producer Alex Gansa and leading actress Claire Danes attended TV Academy Panel on May 2, 2014. During the session, they talked about the show and Brody's death. According to a Zap2it.com report, show's EP confirmed that Brody isn't coming back. He jokingly remarked that "we've been trying to get rid of the guy since Season 1."
He also revealed that Brody's death was planned a different way and not how it was shown in show's season 3 finale. The original idea was that Brody be killed by Saul, played by Mandy Patinkin.
"But it became clear Claire's Carrie had to send her soulmate someplace he wasn't going to come back from," explained Alex Gansa.
Actress Claire Danes further clarified why they sent Brody away. She reminded the audience that Brody was actually "broken in a way he couldn't be mended."
"What was his place in society?"
It can be inferred that Brody won't return and "Homeland" Season 4 will undergo changes.
Furthermore, Variety reports some spoilers from "Homeland" Season 4 as discussed by Alex Gansa during post-screening Q&A moderated by ABC News Chief Global Affairs Correspondent & "The Week" Special Contributor Martha Raddatz.
Not revealing much, Alex Gansa told that show's fourth installment is "mostly a Carrie Story."
As for Saul, he "figures into the narrative in a very, very important way," noted Gansa.
Meanwhile, Claire Danes revealed that her child will be "big theme for her emotionally."
"I think she probably escapes into her job. I think she hurls herself at it as a way to avoid some unresolved, very painful feelings to do with Brody," explains Claire Danes.
For more, her bipolar disorder will continue to be the part of her personality and challenges in "Homeland" Season 4.
Alex Gansa assured that they are planning to present a "compelling narrative from beginning to end."
The Web site reports that writers have been working on the storyline since mid-January and filming begins in June in South Africa.
"Homeland" Season 4 is expected to return in fall 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Comic-Con Teaser Trailer In Animation [Watch Video]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- 'Suits' Season 4 Spoilers: 'Litt Up' Consequences in Summer Finale; Cliffhanger Awaits, Says Series Creator [Watch Suits 4x10 Promo Video]
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch