‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Spoilers: Tyrion Lannister’s Options - Episode 6 Preview [Watch Video]
By Sachin Trivedi | May 7, 2014 5:24 PM EST
Fans did not get to see Tyrion Lannister in the recently aired episode of "Game of Thrones" Season 4. The most anticipated event right now seems to be his trial and he may have very few options left.
The producers of "Game of Thrones" Season 4 may have good reason to delay Tyrion's trial. According to the book series, A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin, on which the show is based, there is more humiliation in store for the character. After the events of, what fans call, The Purple Wedding, fans may find it difficult to digest more humiliation heaped at their favorite character.
So far the producers have been pacing themselves with the storyline, dropping hints. Readers will remember that Cersei Lannister has been approaching people to turn them against her brother and Tywin was seen enquiring about Tyrion's mistress. Fans were expecting Tywin to lecture his son again but Tyrion has sent her off to another city, or so he thinks.
The trial is expected to be heavily loaded against Tyrion in "Game of Thrones" Season 4, given the present scenario where he is not allowed to meet anyone to prepare a proper defense. There are very few allies in Kings Landing for the popular character.
This is not the first time Tyrion is facing the possibility of execution. In the very first season of "Game of Thrones" he was falsely accused of attempt to murder but narrowly escaped death after his champion won in a trial by combat.
In an unfair trial where even his own father may not help him, he may have little choice but to invoke the option of trial by combat. The only other option is to flee Kings Landing. According to the books he will choose the trial by combat, to begin with.
But who will be Tyrion's champion? Cersei has already declared The Mountain - Gregor Clegane will be her champion. Bronn has refused to fight him and very few people can stand up to the challenge. But Tyrion will get an unlikely champion to stand in his place.
There is one man who is obsessed with revenge in "Game of Thrones" Season 4. Prince Oberyn Martell wants to kill Gregor Clegane for raping and killing his sister. Will Oberyn finally get his wish, or will he die in the process? Either way the Lannisters stand to lose.
According to the books, Shae will stand as a witness against Tyrion at the trial. She will spew venom against Tyrion to further humiliate the character. The coming scenes may be difficult for Tyrion's fans to watch, but there may be another shock coming in "Game of Thrones" Season 4 and it may console angry fans who can't stand anyone humiliating Tyrion.
More Articles to Read
'Game of Thrones' Scenes from 'Winds of Winter' - Fans Predict Arya Stark's Death [SPOILERS] [Read]
'The Amazing Race' Season 24 Episode 10 Recap - Bull Down [Read]
J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan Post Video Selfie on "Star Wars" Day [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone