Report: Prince George Went Incognito In New Zealand Park Without Prince William and Kate Middleton
By Anne Lu | May 7, 2014 5:10 PM EST
Prince George may be UK’s future king, but for now, he’s an undercover baby. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s firstborn went incognito to enjoy a media-free day in the park in New Zealand while his parents were preoccupied with boring adult stuff.
Britain's Prince William carries her son Prince George while looking at an Australian animal called a Bilby, which has been named after the young prince, during a visit to Sydney's Taronga Zoo April 20, 2014. The Prince and his wife Catherine are undertaking a 19-day official visit to New Zealand and Australia with their son George. REUTERS/Chris Jackson/Pool
Prince William and Catherine Middleton took George with them to their New Zealand and Australian trip in April, delighting well-wishers in the process when they presented their nine-month-old son.
They didn’t bring him with them all the time, though. Most of the time, William and Kate went about their official state engagements while George was, presumably, napping in their temporary Kiwi and Aussie residence.
But according to a new report, George was out and about in a New Zealand park one time while William and Kate were attending their duties.
He only had his Spanish nanny, Maria Borallo, to accompany him in his outing. And he was successful in keeping his identity a secret, too. The only one who sort of identified him was the ice cream vendor who sold him a cone.
“There were plenty of people walking around the waterfront, there were children everywhere, but I don’t think anyone saw them. They didn’t look out of place at all,” Ice Cream business owner Barry Ludlow told Fairfax Media.
Ludlow could not remember the exact date of George’s outing, but it most likely took place on April 14 when his parents left George at the Government House in Wellington.
Insiders also confirmed that Borallo and George really “sneaked out” during the NZ tour.
“I can say that it definitely happened. I certainly don’t think it was meant to be hidden that the little prince was playing in the park,” the source close to the royal tour said.
Apparently, even the city’s mayor didn’t deny the report to Fairfax, saying that she hoped that the little prince enjoyed some peace and quiet at the park.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Police On A Look Out For Pakistani National After Arresting Two For Withdrawing Money From Passengers’ Account
- Bali Most Dangerous Destination for Australians
- MH370: ‘Boeing 777 Found’ E-mail Exposes Classified Information To Hackers
- Western Sydney Airport 2020 Takes Significant Phase to Commencement
- Reading Festival Approaches, Tesco Gears Up With Vodka And Jagermeister
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display