LG G3 Key Features Leaked - Removable Battery Unit, No Fingerprint-Magnet Casing, Fresh Images Linked
By Pavithra Rathinavel | May 7, 2014 4:47 PM EST
The LG G3 is one of the most anticipated Android devices of this year. Out of all the leaked information, the high-resolution 2K display is the much talked about feature in the LG G3. There are a couple of freshly leaked images that gives out information on some of the new features in the upcoming LG G3.
What is New?
A report from the well-known and credible tipster @evleaks posted two brand new LG G3 images on their site; one of the images had a metallic black cover on the device and the other one had a removable battery unit.
Although the removable battery unit is new to LG devices, there is no information available to ascertain if this is going to be the trend in all upcoming LG devices in future. Nevertheless, the predecessor LG G2 came with a non-removable 3,000 mAh battery and a plastic casing. Interestingly, a premium variant of LG G2 sold only in South Korea came with a removable 2,610 mAh battery unit and the device also housed a microSD card slot for further expansion, claims BGR.
In addition, @evleaks claims that the smartphone will not come with the usual shiny plastic cover, here is what they have reported on their website-- "LG G3 fingerprint-magnet no more". *Note: The term "fingerprint-magnet" should not be confused with the finger-print scanner.
In order to view the leaked images from @evleaks - Click here.
The upcoming smartphone from LG, the G3, will be announced on May 27th 2014 in a special media coverage which is expected to be organized in six cities, according to BGR. The device is expected to be launched in global markets thereafter. Even though the announcement date is crystal clear, there is no word from LG on the smartphone's release date.
According to reports from South Korea (via BGR), even though LG managed to launch the smartphone earlier than expected and in turn avoiding the stiff competition from Apple's iPhone 6, the company would still be put in a situation to fight the anticipated Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime expected to be launched this June.
Top 5 Specifications
- 5.5 inches display with 1,440 x 2,560 pixels resolution
- Quad-core processor (Snapdragon 800 chipset) clocked at 2.3GHz with 2GB of RAM
- 13MP rear facing camera and 2MP front facing camera
- 32GB of internal storage with microSD card support and 3000mAh battery unit
- Water proof exterior and the handset comes in 3 shades: black, white and gold
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft